Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
New member and I bought a 2017 QX60 this past weekend. As luck would have it they didn't attach one of the cables to the transmission and I broke down on the side of the road. Not a major issue to fix once it was towed back to the dealer but the tow was the interesting part.
I called Infiniti roadside assistance and they sent someone REALLY quick. The issue became that the car is equipped with a portal/hole in the front grill for towing BUT the car does not come with a tow hook. I called the dealer from the side of the road and they called Infiniti (after checking 20 cars locally) and confirmed the car DOES NOT come with a tow hook. Dumbest thing ever IMHO.
The issue was, as the tow truck driver explained, is that if he was sent by AAA they would NOT take the car. Instead we blocked it up and got it up on the flatbed without issue but this is a huge issue IMHO and Infiniti needs to make it right and send these pieces out.
For me, I told the dealer I would not take the car back without one and they found a new one for me to take.
Anyway, wanted to warn everyone about this because you may not found out what you are missing until you are on the side of the road.

Call your dealer!
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
225 Posts
That sucks, but what the truck driver told you is BS. I just had a tow from AAA and without even looking for a tow hook he put the car on his flatbed truck, no questions asked. Took five minutes.

Since Infiniti didn't supply the hook, I would check the manual for the rating of that tow point. Curious of it's not even rated for the weight of the vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I looked at the product code for the tow hook and should be able to purchase one from Infiniti.

Although - it should have come with the vehicle to begin with. If I was stuck and needed to be pulled, this would come in handy.

Like what you said, you won't know until you needed it.

BTW, totally sucks what happened to your breakdown, should PDI have captured this?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Yeah, I haven't seen them coming in 2017s. Not sure why.

If you have a decent salesperson, I'd be surprised if he/she can't find you one. Especially if you gave him/her all 10's on the survey Infiniti sent after purchase. Tell him/her to look in the trunk of any lease returned Q50 or G37. They're all the same tow hook.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts