Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving to work the other night when a deer ran out in front of my car which caused my to brake really fast, and spill my coffee I was drinking.. It spilled on the windshield, dashboard, instrument panel, center console, and navigations screen. I was able to finish the drive with everything working fine, however, when I left work to head home the next morning I noticed all my instrument gauge lights not illuminating.. I can see the mileage number, speedometer and other gauges working fine, and I can even see the indicator lights for my headlights being on.. Even tried making sure my lights were turned up.. BUT no actual lighting is coming and it makes it impossible to see in the night.. My navigation screen works fine, and all the lights under the screen are illuminating.. Any suggestions!?

·
Registered
851 Posts
oh man, sorry to hear about that. I bet it was a great cup of coffee too.

Double-check your fuses (near drivers left leg), hopefully, it's just blown and can be easily fixed. Also, adjust your max out your dash brightness options using the two buttons on the right side of the speedo. It’s possible they were dimmed down all the way.

Worst case you shorted the lights and needs a new panel. Let us know if you get this resolved.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree with Yeller, it might just be a dash fuse. The coffee probably dripped over/into one of the connections or a PCB under the dash creating a short. Once the coffee dried up chances are the short dried up as well. It could be a circuit board but they tend to be coated in a sealer but you never know.

At least you will have the smell of coffee while you drive for a while. 😅

1 - 3 of 3 Posts