Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I owned a 2016 QX60 and loved the shift knob. The 2014 is terrible in comparison. The knob feels old and so does the bracket (PRND) around it. I am planning to change the knob, the leather boot and the trim around the boot. Anyone has done it? Is it easy to do?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't have an answer to your question, but I wanted to comment that I find this to be contrary to my opinion. I much prefer the leather wrapped shift knob in my 2014 than the plastic hard feel of the new knobs, which I've had to use quite a bit between loaners and rentals. Let us know how it goes. I haven't seen that mod done before in this forum so if you do it, you can be the first to share the results.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The shift knob can be easily swapped, however the chrome snap ring atop the boot will need to be modified/cut as the shifter neck has a different shape. A dremmel could do the trick. The boot is a different shape.

The shift surround is not swappable as it’s not plug and play. There’s more electronics in the shift indicator. It would require some electrical work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts