Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was very disappointed to see the Hybrid is not available for 2016 yet.

Why isnt it out yet? Is there delays?

Lease is over in a month and cant really afford to wait, which sucks.

Anyways, hoping maybe someone can shine some light on this

Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have no information on the supply situation, but why do you want the hybrid? I have one (2014), so curious. It gets nowhere near the mpg advertised in normal driving so if that's the reason you want it, you may want to reconsider.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no information on the supply situation, but why do you want the hybrid? I have one (2014), so curious. It gets nowhere near the mpg advertised in normal driving so if that's the reason you want it, you may want to reconsider.
I was told that the torque seems to be better when pressing on the gas

also, I do a lot of city driving. 70% city 30% hwy

sometimes, its 80/20 city/hwy

the extra 3-5 mpg in the city will help tremendously.

Plus, isnt the residual better? for lease purpose?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Torque should be better from a stop but I don't know past that if you can tell. I get 21 mpg over 35k miles. That's a 50/50 mix, approximately, of highway/city. You will only get good mileage if you drive without the climate control system on. If it's on, heat or A/C, the engine will almost never turn off and you will not see anything near the posted mpg. EPA does not require the climate control to be on during testing!

Residual might be higher but only because you paid more to start with. You will never make back the difference in office by saving gas. Never. Not even at $4/gallon, especially if you are leasing and only going to drive 30-40k miles over that lease.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I was told that the torque seems to be better when pressing on the gas

also, I do a lot of city driving. 70% city 30% hwy

sometimes, its 80/20 city/hwy

the extra 3-5 mpg in the city will help tremendously.

Plus, isnt the residual better? for lease purpose?
I'm happy with my hybrid, however bsnguy is correct, you will only see the window stick city mpg rating driving with the climate system off. That said, the does get 10 to 15% better miles per gallon than the V6. I do mostly city driving and average about 21.5 mpg, and I run the AC in auto. On the interstate at a constant 75 mph I get about 25 mpg. The other advantage over the V-6 is the hybrid runs fine on regular 87 octane fuel. The V-6 requires premium fuel, which costs about $.50 more a gallon here in Fredericksburg Virginia.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes, it runs just fine, but premium is recommended for best performance.

Rooster, amazing mpgs on the highway for you! I sure don't see that, but I often have several people and gear which mighty make the difference. But I'm perfectly happy with 21 mpg, overall, especially coming from my 15 mpg Escalade a couple years ago.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
We have six or eight 2016 QX60 hybrids in stock. We only ordered them fully loaded though. So $63K MSRP. You have to want that hybrid badge on the side of your car. It would take 10-15 years to pay off the price delta in fuel savings alone.

But if someone wants one, I'm the guy to call (email).

·
Registered
475 Posts
Set cruise at 70 mph in Eco and see what you get at constant velocity. The hybrid is very efficient at 70 mph, I see about 26 mpg. (Measured at the pump) At 75 mph, about 24.5 mph. It goes down rapidly from there. How fast you go?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I see about 23 mpg at 70 mpg with the climate control on. Often windy here, though, and that makes a huge difference. Eco really shouldn't matter as all that did is adjust throttle response, and I used to use eco and find normal is adult better for me in terms of performance and mpg. But that's just me, of course.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I see about 23 mpg at 70 mpg with the climate control on. Often windy here, though, and that makes a huge difference. Eco really shouldn't matter as all that did is adjust throttle response, and I used to use eco and find normal is adult better for me in terms of performance and mpg. But that's just me, of course.
I drive in normal also. However, when I use the adaptive cruise control, I put in it ECO. It is not as aggressive getting back up to speed when you get behind a slower vehicle in ECO mode. I find in normal, the cruise will run the engine at about 4000 RPM to quickly get back up to speed. In ECO, when that happens with won't rev the engine as high, and will get back to speed more gradually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts