Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I experienced something interesting the other day. I was very unsure as to whether my QX60 uses 87 or 91 octane. I decided I would try both and see if I could notice any differences. I filled the tank from complete empty with 87 octane at Petro Canada and I got about 475km on the screen. Then I filled the tank with 91 at almost empty and the computer almost hit 590km. With the all of the promotions and points I decided that I will fill with 91 gas from now on. The other benefit is that the drive with 91 gas is a lot more firm and solid compared to putting 87 gasoline.

I wonder if anybody is unsure of what kind of gas to put in their QX60. Anybody drive using 87 gas? How is your experience?

Anybody else got any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
47 Posts
The manual says to fill premium so its best to follow recommendations. mileage is less important than engine damage.
It's just recommended not required like some cars. So not really an engine damage issue but full performance issue per my dealer. Don't think you'll get a knock issue. However I still use premium as it's only $4 per fill up difference

·
Registered
24 Posts
Same engine as the Pathfinder and many other Nissans which are run on regular gas correct?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've only used 87 and no problems. If you want to get full power from the motor, then use the higher-octane grades but you won't get much more power and you will be wasting more money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts