Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The 2016 Infiniti QX60 has received some love from the Infiniti design department. Infiniti's flagship mid-sized SUV doesn't look drastically different from the standard 2016 model; however, the front and rear have both been modified. It appears that the styling is inspired by the looks of the 2015 model.

According to Forbes the QX60 has received a newly designed set of headlamps and grille which incorporate new LED running lights. At the rear, the tail lamps and lift gate also received a facelift, but the changes don't make them look much different from the previous model.

Infiniti made changes to the interior of the QX60 as well.
There is a new seat trim that uses far more intricate sew styles than the previous model, and the instrument panel has been updated to feel softer and more luxurious. The third-row A/C vents have been removed, which actually will make it easier to keep the interior cool.

The most significant change that the QX60 has received with this update is a stiffer suspension system. The previous model was often criticized for mediocre handling and ride control. Customers complained that the vehicle leaned too much in the corners. The stiffer suspension alleviates these issues. The QX60 continues to have a comfortable and quiet ride, but the adjusted suspension keeps the SUV more upright and grounded when taking on corners.

The 2016 Infiniti QX60 starts at $43,595, and can get up to $62,545 for a hybrid with all the trimmings.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
These hit showrooms this week. We've received about 6 of the 25 or so that are coming in the first batch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Since I have experience in the need of the vents in the back to keep it cool and find that the rear AC cold be improved in both power and air flow.
As such, I fail to see how the statement quoted below can be true (my temperatures: 90+ normal, 100+ common).
"The third-row A/C vents have been removed, which actually will make it easier to keep the interior cool."
Please explain your logic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Since I have experience in the need of the vents in the back to keep it cool and find that the rear AC cold be improved in both power and air flow.
As such, I fail to see how the statement quoted below can be true (my temperatures: 90+ normal, 100+ common).
"The third-row A/C vents have been removed, which actually will make it easier to keep the interior cool."
Please explain your logic.
MrColon that's a great question...I don't get how that can be possible myself and it seems no one else does either since there hasn't been an answer to your question.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
There are still heat vents for the third row. I was told Infiniti experimented with the second row only for AC. Maybe they get better overall flow?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you Sinecure.
Well I guess I will see when the 2017 model comes out since that is when I will be ready to upgrade.
I do admit to being bias since I live in Texas and the AC is more important than heating.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Since they've made improvements to the suspension, has anyone test drove the new model to see if there is a noticeable difference in handling? The reviews for the JX35 and QX60 have usually mentioned body roll. I never really payed attention to body roll in vehicles until we purchased a vintage Nissan 300 ZX. That car really handles incredible. Considering the critics comments, I've never really thought the body roll in the JX/QX was really significant. I still like the ride but am curious what others think about the new model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts