Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had little accident and need to replace to front bumper and the headlights for 2015 model
I plan to replace to 2020 model as new model had the day light and LED headlights

The question now is it possible and is it required any electrical modifications?
The other concern my old 2015 had only two park sensors in the front bumper while the new bumper has got 4 sensors again is it possible or required some electrical modification?

And related to park sensors same for the rear bumper, my 2015 has only two sensors while the new models has 4 sensors so to add additional sensors is it required any modifications?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can’t speak to the electrical but I don’t think the front and rear lights are dimensionally the same between the 2015 and 2020.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Can’t speak to the electrical but I don’t think the front and rear lights are dimensionally the same between the 2015 and 2020.
This is accurate. When I first got my 2015 I wanted to swap out the headlight assemblies for a newer model with the daytime running LEDs surrounding the outer edge, but they are a different shape and would require several new fascia and trim pieces to do. Essentially I would be entirely replacing the front body of the vehicle, which it sounds like you will need to do anyway. Since there are more sensors on the 2020 than the 2015, I believe it is likely there would be a different wiring harness to run those through, possibly even different CPU software programming to interpret additional inputs. That starts to get above my ability level to do on my own, so I will stop here. Needless to say, it was A LOT more effort and work and money than I was willing to put into it, so I abandoned the idea fairly quickly. Perhaps you should just repair your 2015 back to what it was stock, sell it, and buy a 2019 or 2020 model?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts