Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a CPO 2015 QX60 and after a few months noticed the following:
1) TIme is off by 1 hour. I set the time to Eastern, but it's 1 hour ahead. If I have DST off, it is the correct time. Otherwise, I have to have adjust the hour to -1 to show the right time. Is there something that I'm missing?

2) Phone connecting to the system is taking quite a bit of time. Whenever I get in the car and if my wife had connected to it before, it won't let me make any changes. I go to the Settings>Bluetooth>Connected Devices and I get a message that says Downloading... Or if I'm connected, I exit the car and reenter, the phone will connect, but it won't automatically start the music. I get a message that says iPhone Stopped. Both times, I have to wait over 1 minute. I took it to the dealer, and they said this is normal behavior which I find shocking. My 2016 Toyota Tacoma fires right up and there's no hesitation. Most rental cars that I have fires right up as well. THey said that the firmware is up to date and that the only update available is via the new Map DVD.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
1) You have to enable/disable DST whenever the time changes. So 2 changes a year; not much to worry about.

2) Turn off auto-downloading of the phone book. That lag time is very likely it syncing your address book every time the phone & car connect over Bluetooth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! The dealer did call me back on the DST issue. I'm just amazed that in this day and age, this is a manual process. My old 2007 Honda Pilot did that automatically. It also automatically adjusted the time zone based on where you were. My 2016 Tacoma obviously does this automatically.

As for the lag on bluetooth, it is the auto downloading that was causing the issue with the 1-2 min lag. I turned it off on the settings phone menu along w/ turning it off on the phone itself and resolved the issue.

I did communicate w/ Infiniti yesterday concerning the issue. Their response is that my phone was not supported. I guess I can see how the iPhone Xs may not be supported, but not the iPhone 7 which had a similar issue. Her response wasn't that the phone wasn't supported. They currently only support iPhones with iOS 11. That was a complete shock!!!

I'm pretty disappointed with the way that they are supporting their product. They didn't even offer advice on turning off the download. I figured it out sitting in the garage yesterday and confirmed by fushigi. They just said sorry, but we can't keep up with all the changes that are happening on the phones. The dealer on the other hand said this was normal behavior.

·
Registered
89 Posts
We have a CPO 2015 QX60 and both my wife and I have iPhone Xs Max's running iOS12.1.4 and aren't experiencing the lag as you describe. Not sure whats going on in your situation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I watched a video tonight, made by Infiniti, about the Navigation system on the 2015 model, and they specifically mentioned the delay up-front while loading the phone book! It’s a feature! ;-) Seriously, though I don’t understand why it needs to load it EVERY TIME. Doesn’t it memorize it? Anyway, I didn’t notice where this was in the settings. I find the menu system confusing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts