Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry this happened to you and I’m glad everyone was safe! I agree there needs to be a recall. Please file a complaint with NHTSA | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration . Hopefully we can draw some attention with all the complaints. I paid for my glass replacement out of pocket instead of filing with my insurance. Cost was $429 total.
I reached out to a local glass shop to find out how much it would be, if it's less then my deductible then I will pay out of pocket. I will file a complaint as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have QX60 , 2019 model. The sunroof exploded today on highway to calgary, BC. It was a loud sound of explosion and we could not figure out what had happened as the cover of sunroof was pulled up. We pulled over to take a look at the car. It took us quite a while to notice the sunroof. We are so thankful that the glass did not fall on us but it is now stuck in the sunroof cover. We were so scared we just drove back home slowly.
We called the dealers and they said it wasn't covered in warranty. I was shocked and then found this thread. This is so disturbing that despite so many complains infinity is not taking any steps to help us customers. We just keep thinking how could this possibly happen. I mean this is not our first car so we know sunroofs don't just explode out of nowhere in the middle of the road.
I am reporting this to NHTSA and request that everyone who has experienced this does the same. There needs to be a recall on this, this is very unacceptable and dangerous.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts