Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading alot of the forum posts here and was almost ready to pull the trigger on the 2015 QX60 with driver's assistance package, premium, and premium plus, but I got scared reading about all the transmission issues. Does the shudder or the surge still happen even on late 2015 models? I was initially waiting for the 2016 Lexus RX, but the 3rd row and all the safety features pulled me to the QX60. Now after reading about the transmission issues, I'm leaning back towards the 2016 RX. Too bad the 2016 QX60 has no new details so far.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you've read all of the threads on the transmission issue, then why start another one?

Rx and qx60 are not comparable if you need the third row. And I've had more problems with Lexus than Infiniti... But both are reliable and, generally, have good service behind them under warranty.

·
Registered
685 Posts
There are little to no differences between the 2015 and 2016, so if you pull the trigger save yourself a few bucks and get the 2015.

Also, the shutter issue is mostly occurring with older models and not the new ones (on on the lots). BTW, the same transmission is used in the 2015 and 2016, only the calendar date changed.

As bnsguy said, the RX and QX60 are very different vehicles. Seems like the GL is more of a side-by-side comparison.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am driving 2014 AWD with 10k plus miles on it and till now did not notice any surge or issue of transmission. My car had a problem with seat sensor and that dealership fixed it. Overall a nice big vehicle, perfect for long drive with family. Huge space if you fold down 3rd row. Let me tell you every car can have a problem, our own body is also not defect free. When you have an item that has thousands of pieces running together anything can go wrong. I would suggest, pick a better dealer, thats most important, they should stand by you when you need them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Junoso has a legitimate concern, especially if you are reading about the 2015 QX60 "transmission surging" posts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Test drove the new Volvo XC90 before buying the QX60 - I must say, the Volvo was exceptional. They won't budge on MSRP given the new model, so that's what brought me back to the QX60 - otherwise, I'd be driving the Volvo.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Agree, the XC90 is a nice ride, but as you said it's expensive. They also weren't available when I was shopping around, the JX/QX60 was the next best thing.

FYI, the previous gen XC90 2004-2014 had horrible transmission issues to the point where the dealer would turn their backs. Complete failures were comment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts