Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is telling me to replace battery. Where is the cheapest place to purchase this battery and how much do they usually cost?

thanks

·
Registered
566 Posts
The easiest is any grocery store (aka Walmart). Amazon is cheaper, and ebay is the cheapest, but also has fakes. Search on brand (Duracell) and battery model (don't recall the model).

·
Registered
160 Posts
I asked my dealership about this as well when they were showing me how to get the physical key out to unlock the door if the battery ever dies while I'm out and about. They then told me that I could always just bring the fob up to them and they'd pop a new battery in for me for free real quick. I was really impressed with my dealership here locally. I would imagine most dealerships are similarly customer focused.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I went to an Infiniti dealership other than where I purchased my QX60 and they were willing to replace the battery for free (labor) but they wanted to charge more than Home Depot for the battery.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I went to an Infiniti dealership other than where I purchased my QX60 and they were willing to replace the battery for free (labor) but they wanted to charge more than Home Depot for the battery.
well that stinks. Did you not purchase yours from the local dealership? I wonder if it would be different going to the place you actually bought it from if that is possible?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Good Question. My situation was complicated and it ended with the original dealership replacing the whole fob cost free because it wouldn't hold the programming therefore under warranty. When I started having issues with it and took it to the closest Infiniti dealership, not the one I purchased it from, they proved to be less than honest shall we say, or completely incompetent or both. Needless to say, I'm driving the extra 10-15minutes to the dealership I purchased it from for service these days.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Good Question. My situation was complicated and it ended with the original dealership replacing the whole fob cost free because it wouldn't hold the programming therefore under warranty. When I started having issues with it and took it to the closest Infiniti dealership, not the one I purchased it from, they proved to be less than honest shall we say, or completely incompetent or both. Needless to say, I'm driving the extra 10-15minutes to the dealership I purchased it from for service these days.
lucky for you that you have two dealership options! Sounds like you know where to go at this point. If my local area Infiniti dealership wasn't so darn good, I'd have almost an hour drive to the nearest other options either in Cincinnati or Columbus :eek:

·
Registered
87 Posts
lucky for you that you have two dealership options! Sounds like you know where to go at this point. If my local area Infiniti dealership wasn't so darn good, I'd have almost an hour drive to the nearest other options either in Cincinnati or Columbus :eek:
Yeah the dealership I purchased it from its about 10 min further away and across state lines but I have more confidence in them over the one thats closed. Actually there are about 4 within 90min here in the northeastern part of Maryland

1 - 10 of 10 Posts