Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys- I have been having a rattling sound (like vibrating sheet metal) coming from around the passenger side rear door when driving at highway speeds. Usually only happens when passing a semi or during a large wind gust. The Infiniti dealer "has no idea".

Also, my hvac temp settings change from when I turn the car off and back on, as well as my sat radio presets switch places randomly.

Does anyone else have any experience with any of these issues?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yep, I have that too. I complained about it few years back on this form. It's still there and happens during heavy cross winds or passing a semi, typically going 80+mph.

It's difficult to reproduce so the dealership was unable to do anything about it. They thought it had something to do with how the roof rails/cross bars are connected to the car when experiencing heavy cross winds.

Hopefully you have better luck at fixing than me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I have the same issue, when my Q hit certain speed, you can hear a rattling sound.. and it seems to move from Rear passenger side to front passenger...can't figure what...

·
Registered
2 Posts
On our Venza I found the rattling sound was caused by the rear license plate rattling in my plate holder.... might check that. Drove me crazy for the longest time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys- I have been having a rattling sound (like vibrating sheet metal) coming from around the passenger side rear door when driving at highway speeds. Usually only happens when passing a semi or during a large wind gust. The Infiniti dealer "has no idea".

Also, my hvac temp settings change from when I turn the car off and back on, as well as my sat radio presets switch places randomly.

Does anyone else have any experience with any of these issues?
take a lawn blower and put it around each panel, should be easy to find if its something loose

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a guess with the second issue... In my experience most of the settings in the head unit are saved separately for each key fob. Just a few of the things we've noticed that are different when I drive vs my wife (the primary driver):

- active route (it will remember a route I drove 2 weeks ago)
- Sirius song/artist alerts
- daylight savings time active (this one amazed me, why would they bother to do that?)
- radio presets (which makes sense)

Is there any chance that you are restarting the vehicle with a different key fob? That might explain why you are seeing the changes.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Dunno on the first issue.

Here's how to solve the second issue:

Set up all your settings. Including radio presets, temp, seats, steering column, side mirrors. On the door, press Set, then 1 (or 2). Immediately after pressing the number button, press the unlock button on your key fob. You should get a beep and the light on the number will flash a couple times. You've now tied that keyfob to that number setting. If your significant other drives the car with a different keyfob, do the same for them and use the other number. If you unlock with your keyfob, the car should set itself up for you. You don't need to re-memorize settings if you change heat settings or radio stations - it will just use whatever you had last. If you move the seat around, you do need to press Set, then 1 again (while stopped).

If you end up driving with your SO's keyfob, just press your number on the door when you get in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts