Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sound has been there since a few weeks after purchase. It seems to happen depending on weather... and every time I bring it to the dealer, they can't reproduce it. It has been happening for over a year now.

When I am cruising either high speed or at low speed... when I touch the gas (so that the motor revs higher and transmission kick in... so trying to go a little faster), I get a loud quick chirp/loud door hinge sound from under the car. It sounds very odd... is loud enough to make people jump/turn their heads if I am in an alleyway and they are walking in front.

I don't know how to describe it other than I am cruising along... maybe it's in regenerative brake mode... maybe... and then when I touch the gas, either something is kicking in or kicking off/out... almost the sound when a transit bus arrives/leaves the station but quicker...

Anyone run into this or know what I am talking about?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have a 2014 QX 60 hybrid with 87,500 miles. I’ve noticed that my transmission is starting to make a chirping sound when I put it in gear and begin to move. No shudders or jerking, just a quick metallic “chirp” sound that is new. Makes me think something may need adjusting or is wearing out. Going to have the 90,000 mile service down in a couple of months and will have the transmission fluid flushed, will mention the noise to the service advisor. Anyone else have any experience with this, and know what maybe the cause? Anything to worry about— indicative that something is starting to fail?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts