Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

2015 QX60 Cooling Fan fail

33K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  walkman1 
#1 ·
Hi. Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the cooling fans. Mine started making a terrible noise and I found that the drivers side fan seems to be losing it bearings. It's wobbling and vibrating quite a bit. The assembly is upwards of $350 and I was wondering if anyone knew if you could replace/repair just the one fan instead of the whole assembly. I have it unplugged now and as cold as it is I don't see it over heating by running just one fan. Thanks for any input!

#3 ·
I've not heard of others having this problem. But your car is in warranty. This sounds like a warranty issue unless something hit your front end.

#5 ·
I'm having the same issue and the car is at the dealership... 22K miles 2015 QX60 model. Noise was from the passenger side and I'm pretty sure I can feel some play on the radiator fan. Either way... this is why we dropped the $$ on a car that still has a factory warranty!

G
#6 ·
My wife's 2014 just started experiencing this same issue. Looks like the bearing is going out on the driver's side fan. Passenger side doesn't have the same issue. My wife's just crossed over 61,000 miles, so it is no longer under warranty. Looks like I'll be replacing it myself. Also not sure if you can replace the single fan & bearing or if you must replace the entire assembly. Infiniti's fix is to replace the fan assembly to the tune of $1,100.

#8 ·
2013 JX 35 radiator fan

I noticed the growling sound from the engine compartment of my JX last weekend.
Brought into my dealer on Tuesday and the problem was immediately diagnosed as a bad radiator fan assembly.
Replaced on Wednesday.
I lucked out, have 99,975 miles on the vehicle with a 100,000 extended protection plan.
Tech mentioned repair would have cost $1,100 plus tax had I not had the warrantee.

#13 ·
Hi, just had the same issue on my 2017 QX60. Drivers side Fan was wobbling and hitting shroud and making terrible noise. Mechanic aaid bearings were bad in fan and could not be replaced. Had to replace the entire 2 fan assembly as it is integrated. Part alone was $540.

#17 ·
Just had this issue on my 2015 qx60. Cooling fan was loose and making a loud noise so I bought a new unit from car parts.com for about $200. Installed it myself after watching some YouTube video and it was working great. About a month later the A/C stopped cooling and both fans stopped working… could’ve been the aftermarket fan I bought but I was skeptical - then I read the relay can be one of the main issues. Found a new relay on Amazon for $20 - installed it and it worked immediately. Easy, cheap step to try out. If not, the aftermarket cooling fans aren’t too expensive. Hope this helps someone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.