Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

2015 QX60 Concerns

8K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Tex 
#1 ·
Hi I am looking at buying a 2015 with 28k miles from a National Dealership. The car has Premium/Premium Plus/Driver Assist/Theater Package.

I test drove it today and found some rust under front driver seat.

Carpet above pedals was cut out but the padding was there. Do your cars look like that?

Pulled up driver side back seat found 18 inch cut in the carpet where the padding was exposed. Does yours look like that?

Both front doors had a weird ripple on the bottom of the doors. Do your doors have ripples on them?

Any idea or clues what could be going on with the car?

Any info would be appreciated.

Wish I could attach the pictures.

I know I need to do a buyers check but I need peace of mind before I spend $150.00 for the buyers check. They don’t seem to be as detailed as they were in the past.

Thanks,

See less See more
#2 ·
Included are pictures of the door, carpet area under brakes & gas pedals.Rust under drivers seats and the brakes.

Attachments

#3 ·
Pictures don't show issues too well. Be concerned that the car was flooded. How is the Carfax? PPI/buyers check as you call it sounds like it is very needed for this car with the concerns you have.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.

Reactions: MarengoMac
#5 ·
Thank you for your responses.

I did do a Carfax Report and it said there was only 1 owner and no damage reported.

Hubby is very concerned that the A/C may have gotten clogged or leaked. Which would not have to be reported to a dealer unless they did some repair work. There’s lots of DIY people out there.

I can’t imagine why they would cut up the car only on the drivers side and with the amount of rust under the drivers seat I really don’t think that a drink was spilled under the seat.

I have never second guessed a purchase from this dealership ~ I can’t afford to sink more money into the car after I buy it and I have 2 little ones so I need a solid reliable car.

My 2008 Highlander Hybrid had 125k miles when I sold it last week it was in mint condition. I shuttled kids on long and short trips and the interior of that car looks better than the interior of the QX 60.

For a luxury car I’m shocked that rust and cut carpet is “the norm.”

Can anyone elaborate on any other reason to cut the top part of the carpet off?

The front doors have wrinkles on them in the interior I have never seen that before. I will try to send a different picture.

My pictures look clear but once they are optimized by the Forum software they may not appear very clear.

Pic 1 ~ wrinkle on door
Pic 2 ~ under the drivers seat
Pic 3~ under brakes where carpet padding is exposed
Pic 4 & 5 ~ the brakes have a lot of rust

Attachments

#6 ·
Pass.

First 2014 QX60 I bought was at an off lease dealer. I'm in Miami. Car had been previously owned in New Jersey and it showed a lot of body rusting or rust coloration. There had been unreported body work done on the rear bumper and lift gate. Seemed like a good deal and I was desperate so took the car. Was never happy with it, and couldn't live with it. Ended up trading it in for a different 2014 - this one certified pre owned from an Infiniti dealer. So much happier and I have the peace of mind should something go wrong (a couple of things did) the CPO warranty kicks in. I also have two little ones and this is our "big" family car so I wanted peace of kind and creature comforts, so it's also fully loaded. I would recommend looking for a 2014 or 2015 CPO with the tech and theater packages. Totally worth it with kids.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.

Reactions: gmuney1
#7 ·
Nemo thank you for your input I’m supposed to take delivery tomorrow ~ I’m driving to an Infiniti dealer 30 minutes away to test drive another 2015 QX60 and check it out to see if it has any of the things I am concerned about.
Will keep you posted

#9 ·
Update ~ took delivery of the car after asking a gazillion questions was assured by salesperson, service manager and car tech this was a certified vehicle never been in a flood or accident.

Took it to a different dealer ( Infiniti) to have an additional inspection done ~ long story short the vehicle had been flooded.

Parts were replaced, there was large amounts of rust and mold under the padding, the dash pad was wet and molded and so much more ~ I had pictures taken every step of the way.

The original dealership ( not Infinti) is going to do a buy back as soon as we find a vehicle comparable to what I have now.

Did a Carfax that showed no issues.
Am super disappointed but grateful they will buy the car back. Thinking about a used 2017 from Infiniti wondering if I should buy a Toyota.

2015 QX60 has had electrical & transmission issues since we bought it 6 months ago.

Tex

#12 ·
Update ~ took delivery of the car after asking a gazillion questions was assured by salesperson, service manager and car tech this was a certified vehicle never been in a flood or accident.

Took it to a different dealer ( Infiniti) to have an additional inspection done ~ long story short the vehicle had been flooded.

2015 QX60 has had electrical & transmission issues since we bought it 6 months ago.

Tex
This is way you should never buy a car that has been flooded. The CVT is an electronic CVT (has electrical circuits, connectors, sensors, computers, etc.) that will be effected by corrosion caused by
flooding. Moreover, the entire car runs off electronics to control everything. The car was not designed to be submerged, and will never run right...if it was flooded (submerged), it likely should have been totaled by the original owner. The fact that you had debris in your A/C, rust under the seat, and mold under the dash is strong evidence that it was submerged in water.

#10 ·
Yikes, I’d be furious. Is it a new car dealer that is established, or a used car dealer that is small? Make sure you get everything back— all fees, taxes, and interest. Bottom line, you were lied to and have a legal case. If it’s a small used car dealership, the risk is they go out of business. My free advise is to sell it back as soon as possible, you may also want to consult with an attorney. They don’t sound like a reputable dealership. If they are reputable, they will go out of their way to make it right...to include losing money to make you happy. Keep that in mind.

#11 ·
17s shouldn’t have any transmission issues, that was primarily on earlier models. Electrical may have been from the flood although we’ve had some issues with the advanced safety systems.

You could look at the Honda Pilot or upcoming Hyundai Palisade or Kia Telluride. Both will have a lot of standard features just no Infiniti badge.

#13 ·
We have been looking since Nov to find the right car.

Clock keeps loosing time, last storm sunroof opened on it's own while driving I wasn't happy at all. Stopped at Walmart to buy towels& a tarp.

Bought from a National Brand Dealership but they aren't in a hurry to find my replacement. I have decided it's time to be a 1 car family until I find what I am looking for.

The car is in the shop again couldn't use the heater in 28 degrees fan sounded like a helicopter and I got scared it could blow off and ruin the engine.

Waiting for diagnosis in the mean time Infiniti loaned me a car and I'm working with a salesperson to help me find a 2016.

Will keep you posted.

Crazy.....?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.