Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, need some urgent help. I am in the market to get a used 2015 QX60 with 65K miles.
Recently the dealer fully replaced the tranny with brand new CVT. I am not getting good
confidence on this vehicle to put 20K or so. Please let me know your thoughts.
After a brand new CVT is put, it got 1y/12K miles warranty but after that again I'm not
having any coverage.Wondering if they put a newer trans that is better (updated?).

Your help is highly appreciated to make the decision.

·
Registered
899 Posts
The short answer to your questions is, the tranny was redesigned.

QX60 years (2014-2016) were horrible and destroyed Infiniti’s reputation. Initially Infiniti blamed customers and replaced the dead CVTs with new/same units, then those failed. Eventually they realized it wasn’t the customers and started making improvements. A series of iterations have helped bring up quality to normal CVT-expectations. Unfortunately CVT’s in general across all manufacturers have higher failure rates versus regular trannys.

If you just received the new tranny from a dealership (not rebuilt), then I’ll include the latest/greatest designs.

That said, some people run into many other unrelated issues while some (me included - 2013) have been nearly maintenance free.

I recommend pulling the maintenance history to see what else has been done. You’ll see if the customer was in for service, and how often. I’ll give you an idea how well built it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts