Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Trying to keep the forums alive. It looks like many people these days stay on FB but I think forums have their own charm. It reminds me of when I was in highschool/college tirelessly looking at pages and pages of forums and soaking in information. Anyways, I am planning to keep my progress on here.

I took my previous family hauler - 2016 BMW X1 in for some noise diagnosis. They wanted $2000 for engine/trans mount replacement...also my family was growing so instead of fixing it we started searching for a cheaper and bigger SUV.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Here is my 2015 with 77,000 miles and all the options as far as I'm aware. Going into it, I was aware of the CVT issues but ultimately decided to bite the bullet.
The dealer gave me $5000 over value for my BMW X1 (basically paid it off. I believe they were trying to get as many cars sold before the end of the year) and gave me a 4 year/48,000 mi bumper to bumper and powertrain warranty which would cover me for 120,000+ miles so I said what the heck. I fell in love with the smooth engine, the comfy ride and the space-to-price ratio (coming from an X1, it felt like a spaceship), also the creature comforts for the model year blew my mind. The only thing it lacks pretty much is active lane keep assist and smartphone integration. The backup camera quality is horrid, but so was the BMW so I can't complain there!
Wheel Tire Sky Car Land vehicle

I also try to document everything on my small YT channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDxRI82DI5xrL5yKQSxZBog.
I don't have any content on the Pandamobile yet but planning to add them as I make changes!

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After owning it for a few weeks, I noticed a slight shudder right after I made a right turn, going about 10-15 mph. This would happen 1 out of 10 times. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the valve body assembly with the extended warranty. It's been very smooth since. They told me to come back if it happens again. If they pull a P17F0, they will replace the trans. Kinda nervous but that's what the warranty is for I suppose lol.

Font Material property Book Publication Paper

· Registered
937 Posts
Welcome to the Infiniti family, and thanks for the posts. Great pics of your hauler.

BTW, is it typical for engine/trans mount replacement on a 2016 BMW X1? Seems super early, then again I'm not sure how many miles you had.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Infiniti family, and thanks for the posts. Great pics of your hauler.

BTW, is it typical for engine/trans mount replacement on a 2016 BMW X1? Seems super early, then again I'm not sure how many miles you had.
Thanks Yeller, also thank you for the pre-purchase advice :)

the X1 had a bit over 80,000 miles. They have pretty torquey engines considering the size of the car so they wear out right around that mark. The thing was, it was making noise from the passenger front area and the dealer said even after the $2000 to replace all the mounts, the noise might be from something else so...it was about time to let her go. I didn't think it was worth spending $2000+ and keeping a Mini-based German car past 100k miles anyway haha. (little did I know that Infiniti would have trans issues...lol)

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did my first "mod" if you could even call it that. I believe the newer ones came with LED interior lights from factory, but my 2015 did not. So I upgrade them with some bulbs from Aliexpress. Surprisingly easy plug and play with all bulbs labelled, and it even came with spare bulbs, all for less than $16. Amazing deal. I am always hesitant to order from Aliexpress since the products coming out of there are a hit or miss, but this definitely is a home-run. It's been a few weeks and bulbs are still functioning well.

I like how the wedge bulb type is the good kind (no moving parts) as opposed to those cheap plastic base ones.
Product Black Sleeve Font T-shirt

Here are some before and after pics:
Car Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Personal luxury car Fender

Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Automotive exterior Bumper Gas

Here is the link if you want to do this - https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...2oqkUZl&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

Video summary:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts