Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at purchasing a used QX60 in the next few months, have owned a few infinitis in the past.

I have been trying to decide if I want to get a year or two older model with more features or go with the 2016 with less options.

Taking add on packages away, what are the main differences between each model? Strengths/Weaknesses?

·
Registered
250 Posts
As a new owner, I don't know enough about the differences across the years. I'm sure there are some.

Just know that buying a base model of these cars is a bad idea. For example, did you know base model does NOT have bluetooth streaming? You can make and respond to voice calls over bluetooth, but forget listening to songs or audiobooks, for example.

I almost walked away from the QX60 because of that. Then I found the dealer had another 2014 model with what I now know to be Premium, Premium+ and Driver Assistance package. I was sold. The base model would disappoint. This one with upgrades I can live with. Although depending on your budget, you might want to look at the Deluxe Touring + Technology package. That seems to be great, but it's also the highest tier you can go and gets pricy.

I opted for the 2014 with features over a newer base, or **** even a nicely equipped new Dodge Durango Limited. It works for me. It's my third 2014 car and I don't think we're missing much (that we could realistically afford).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agree, I just want to make sure I'm not missing something that mechanically has changed/upgraded significantly between (transmission, suspension, etc)

I would love to do a fully loaded 2014, I love the dual sunroof, tvs, etc....just want to make sure I'm not giving up reliability.

·
Registered
663 Posts
... Just know that buying a base model of these cars is a bad idea. For example, did you know base model does NOT have bluetooth streaming? You can make and respond to voice calls over bluetooth, but forget listening to songs or audiobooks, for example.
Many manufacturers do this. You can even get a good old fashion key on base Mercedes SUV's

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you care for the comfort of your 6th and 7th passengers, don't get the 2016 model. They DO NOT have air vents back there. Should had check before I purchase the 2017 model. think they removed it starting 2016.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks Masterloc for bringing this one back up. Since my initial post over a month ago, I've had a chance to drive the 2014 a lot and had people in the third row. My third row passengers reported no issues and did feel the A/C just fine, and yes, 2014 (and I suppose 2015) do have perfectly good A/C vents and cup holders.

I also recently got a 2017 loaner while mine was in for some warranty work and recalls, and I got to compare driving my 44K 2014 vs this 950 mile 2017. The difference is so minimal, I felt like I was still driving my car most of the time. I think the biggest differences are all cosmetic, with the more refined front, updated screen and interface. I did not notice any different in drive quality, except perhaps a tiny quieter cabin that may or may not be down to an issue with my 2014 that is now resolved. Having driven the 2017, I'm very happy with my 2014 and don't think I will miss having gone new vs. used.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks Masterloc for bringing this one back up. Since my initial post over a month ago, I've had a chance to drive the 2014 a lot and had people in the third row. My third row passengers reported no issues and did feel the A/C just fine, and yes, 2014 (and I suppose 2015) do have perfectly good A/C vents and cup holders.

I also recently got a 2017 loaner while mine was in for some warranty work and recalls, and I got to compare driving my 44K 2014 vs this 950 mile 2017. The difference is so minimal, I felt like I was still driving my car most of the time. I think the biggest differences are all cosmetic, with the more refined front, updated screen and interface. I did not notice any different in drive quality, except perhaps a tiny quieter cabin that may or may not be down to an issue with my 2014 that is now resolved. Having driven the 2017, I'm very happy with my 2014 and don't think I will miss having gone new vs. used.
Yup. You made a great choice. Prior to getting the 2017, I was actually about to purchase a fully loaded 2014. Supposed to test drive it on a weekend. And was planning to buy it right afterward. Unfortunately, got a call on Wednesday from the dealer that week, someone beat me to the punch while I was at work. Oh well.

·
Registered
104 Posts

The quieter cabin is due to the use of a acoustic windshield starting in 2016.

Reactions: jonesy84

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been loving my gently used 2015. I had a loaner 2018 yesterday and the only difference I found was a slightly quieter cabin, (only lasted a few minutes before Armin van Buuren started blasting out of the speakers). The suspension seems a bit tighter. I guess it feels a bit more sporty, but at the expense of a more luxurious ride. I like the ride of the 2015 with the softer suspension better since I'm not taking curves at high speed with this SUV.
I have the 13 speaker Bose speakers system. People have complained and said the 15/16 speaker version sounds a lot better. I don't know what the loaner 2018 had, but it didn't sound that much better than my 2015. I already thought my 2015 sound system sounds better than my non-Mark Levinson stock speakers on my IS350 F Sport. I'll be honest, there have been times I've parked and just sat in my QX60 and listen to some tunes before going into the house. LOL.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There is more pronounced wind noise on my 2015 vs the 2019 rental I just had. Again, the acoustic windshield and front side glass is most likely the reason its quieter. The HP bump was nice too. I did feel the changes to the steering (much improved) and suspension. Granted, if 2013-2015 owners wanted the revised suspension, it's just new springs, struts and shocks. We could easily order them. The rental also had the 6 speaker audio system which I found more than adequate, but I still prefer the Bose system. A couple of other small items, the keyfobs are different on the 2019s. The bottom halves of the front door panels are soft touch materials vs hard plastic. There is a USB/micro USB charging port in the center/bottom cubby of the center console along with an added ambient lamp. The third row's hvac vents have been replaced with USB charging ports, that's right, no vents in the 3rd row. And the second row's 12V port has been replaced with a sole USB port.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts