Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a pre-owned white 2014 QX60 recently, my first Nissan/Infiniti (always been a Honda/Acura guy).
Moonlight exterior with black leather; premium and premium + packages.
28k miles with 16 months (or 32k miles) factory warranty left

In really good condition, but as I've driven it for a few days now, I've noticed some issues, mostly minor I think...hope my fellow Infiniti owners here can provide some advice/input

1) Tachometer...does not drop to 0 when engine is turned off. So if it's in park at under 1k RPM, and engine is turned off, that's where it sticks.

2) Trip odometer....resets to 0 on engine start. e.g. Go to work: reads 10 miles. Shut off engine. Start engine....trip odometer is at 0....I dont think that's how it's supposed to work...I dont see any setting to change this behavior

3) Left rear door squeaks/creaks softly when opening/closing

4) Slight "ringing/rattling" sound right behind me as I'm driving (any speed). Sometimes I can ignore it, sometimes it drives me up the wall. Seems to be coming from directly behind my left, near upper seatbelt. Could be some part of the seatbelt resonating? I've made multiple adjustments to my seat, seatbelt, etc, but no success. I have noticed/heard the same sound when shutting the driver door (not all the time)

5) Creaking coming from right rear side while driving (heard at 40 mph and higher). This really bothers me. I checked seatbelts in 2nd and 3rd rows make sure they're tucked away; also looked at the rear storage area near the sub, everything seems to be firm, no loose parts.

6) There's at least 1 open recall that I know of

Anyone have similar issues? Would love to hear from you and how you resolved them.

I'm hoping all this is covered under factory warranty?? How's Infiniti dealer customer service generally? I know experiences will vary widely based on dealer and location. I have 3 near me in a 25 mile radius, just trying to decide whom to settle on (researching ratings/feedback on each of them).

Thanks for reading this far.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I'd bring it back to the dealership since its still under warranty. I had a rattle in the right side B pillar on my JX and the dealership found wires rattling so they insulated it and the problem went away. Make a list of the issues and have them take care of the recall and since its under warranty, have them fix it. Try your best to replicate the issues so when you take it to the service department you can take them on a road test and point the problems out. Sounds like minor issues. Not sure about the gages.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd bring it back to the dealership since its still under warranty. I had a rattle in the right side B pillar on my JX and the dealership found wires rattling so they insulated it and the problem went away. Make a list of the issues and have them take care of the recall and since its under warranty, have them fix it. Try your best to replicate the issues so when you take it to the service department you can take them on a road test and point the problems out. Sounds like minor issues. Not sure about the gages.
Thanks for the reply BobOB. I'll report back after I visit the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just thought I'd post an update about my great experience. The dealership lived up to its well-earned reputation and provided complete satisfaction.
They listened to, understood and fixed all the issues I'd listed above....under the warranty at no cost to me. I'm very satisfied, and will go to no other place to service my vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts