Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me preface this by saying I'm a novice when it comes to cars. I've searched through the threads to see if my issue has been previously addressed. My apologies if my post is redundant or otherwise inappropriate.

I've been experiencing a problem for about the past 2-3 weeks. There is a particular whining/humming sound coming from the front and I recorded it this morning, but, unfortunately I can't attach the link because I'm new here. It only occurs when starting my car first thing in the morning. It does not appear to be temperature dependent (occurs whether warm or cold outside) nor directionally dependent (occurs whether in reverse or forward driving). In the past, it either wouldn't make the sound at all, or do so only briefly, a single time. Then, it became an every morning occurrence. This morning, it made the sound several times, and even continued to do so after I had parked at my son's school (we arrived a few minutes early and were waiting, parked). It is apparently audible outside of the vehicle because several people turned to look this morning. Any ideas?

In case it's important, it's a 2014 with 90k miles (a lot, I know).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In case anyone is curious, the verdict was the cooling fan system. The entire thing had to be replaced at a cost of $1100 including parts and labor. Not ideal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts