Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can help shed some light on this for me.
My driver side headlight went out, no big deal right? I went and got a new one; put it in and it doesn't work.
I then try the old head light on the passenger side and it works.

So I get a new headlight ballast and install that (have to take off the entire front panel to do so, Infiniti wanted $2K to do it).
It works! For two days. Now it is not working again. I am baffled.

Anyone have similar issue? Outcome? Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 QX60
23 Posts
Have you checked the fuse at all, hopefully not a wiring issue causing a short. Hopefully you get it figured out quickly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked the fuse at all, hopefully not a wiring issue causing a short. Hopefully you get it figured out quickly.
Good thought Palva. I checked before I replaced the ballast and they were good. I have not checked them again, maybe when the new ballast came on it blew a fuse for some reason. I will check this out this evening and report back. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Following up on this. None of the fuses were blown.
I took the ballast off and reset it following some directions from a Google search on how to.
That seemed to do the trick and has been working for the last few days. Hopefully they stay on now.

If anyone finds themselves needing to change the headlight ballast, I followed this video and had zero issues.
All in, two hour project. Infiniti wanted $2,000 to complete this project. I bought the part on Amazon for $50.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Following up on this. None of the fuses were blown.
I took the ballast off and reset it following some directions from a Google search on how to.
That seemed to do the trick and has been working for the last few days. Hopefully they stay on now.

If anyone finds themselves needing to change the headlight ballast, I followed this video and had zero issues.
All in, two hour project. Infiniti wanted $2,000 to complete this project. I bought the part on Amazon for $50.
Hi,how are you? cold your please explain wow to reset the ballast? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,how are you? cold your please explain wow to reset the ballast? Thanks
If the light comes on at all. Turn on your headlights and Wait for the bulb to shut off and turn the headlights back on. After turning off your headlight switch, turn it on again. The ballast was reset.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts