Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

2014 QX60 AWD Brake Fluid Change at 60k miles

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  just_phil 
#1 ·
I am getting my front and rear brake pads changed by a mechanic who will do it in my garage and just charge for labor. I was wondering if now is a good time to get the brake fluid changed as well - I am at 60k miles and don't think the brake fluid has been replaced before. A couple of questions -
1. What fluid (part #) and how much of it should I purchase?
2. Incrementally, how much more work is it to replace the fluid when changing the brake pads - 10%, 20% etc? Trying to figure out how much more in labor I should be be paying? For reference, I am being charged $160 for replacing both the front and rear pads.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Most manufacturers recommend 2-3 years between fluid changes, so you should definitely do it. Any DOT 3 or DOT 4 fluid will work, I favor Valvoline or Castrol. 32oz bottle may be barely enough, so I usually buy 2 and end up having one left half-empty. Shouldn't take more than half an hour once all the four wheels are off, so figure another $40 or $50, assuming he's allocating two hours at $80/hr. But that's just my guess...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.