Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 QX60
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
I just bought a 2014 QX60 AWD with a mileage of 100k (not from an Infinity dealer).
The maintenance booklet has not been used to log the past maintenance (I moved from Europe to the US, would be an absolute no-go to try to sell a car without filled in maintenance booklet and preferably past invoices... But I understand that is normal here?). The carfax report shows that there was only one previous owner and maintenance always done at the Infinity dealer in another state. I take that as a good sign.

Still, I'm interested in getting an understanding in what (major) maintenance events are upcoming or what I specifically should check next time I go for service. The Infinity maintenance schedule is very generic (check and change your oil, sure. Rotate tires, sure...)

Also interested to know what your thoughts are on whether or not to do maintenance at the Infinity dealer or somewhere else, given the age and mileage

Looking forward to your input

·
Registered
794 Posts
In my experience maintenance books are rarely updated. My dealership has never asked or updated my book so I'm assuming it's up to the owner to request stamps/updates. It's good to hear other countries use this resource, it seems like a great place to consolidate maintenance records.

Most reputable dealerships and 3rd party shops update a master database to capture information. To be honest, I have no idea what mechanics update but it shows up on Carfax and other VIN lookup services.

You should consider getting a pre-purchase inspection by a dealer or trusted maintenance shop to find anything warn/aged. They can also check if fluids have been recently changed.

There really isn't a "100k list of maintenance items", that said plugs are the most commonly replaced at 105K. Otherwise, it's routine or as needed.

Here is what I follow:
15,000 CVT Fluid (this is aggressive however, the general recommendation is around 20 to 30k)
30,000 Transfer case fluid (for AWD only)
30,000 Coolant
30,000 Differential Fluid
30,000 Power Steering Fluid
45,000 Brake Fluid
105,000 Spark Plugs

·
Registered
2014 QX60
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
What about the belt?
Anything major wrt AC or waterpump?

I'm contemplating whether or not to go to an official Infiniti dealer for service or not. Don't know how well capable (electronics? tooling) other workshops will be for such car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The serpentine belt is pretty easy to replace and not expensive. Recently I found a leak on my '13 JX35 from the lower radiator hose connection and it turned out to be a rusty clamp that was barely hanging on. I replaced the hose which came with 2 new clamps. I would inspect the clamps if I were buying a used vehicle because if you lose that rad hose while on the highway it may not end well for the engine. You might as well replace the coolant at the same time since you have to drain it anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts