Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from FL. I just picked up a 2014 q60 convertible. Very nice car. I put the top down for the first time after getting the car and I noticed a long piece of gray tubing that I thought was a wire harness. It's the width of the car and is grey and can be squished. There is nothing in the middle. It has come off of the top or the car. Would anybody know what this is?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
Weird. I'd go back and see the dealer. I've never seen that on a convertible.

Oh, and this is a QX60 forum. Sorta different vehicle.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wait wait wait. Since when was there a Q60 convertible? I thought the latest made was the G37/IPL convertible???

·
Registered
380 Posts
Wait wait wait. Since when was there a Q60 convertible? I thought the latest made was the G37/IPL convertible???

Apparently, since 2014

·
Registered
250 Posts
After I posted that I remembered that I had seen it used to be for sale. However, your response sounds like it would still be a thing. And I know for a fact it isn't a thing because I reached out to Infiniti in 2018 when I was looking to buy a convertible and they told me they had no current or upcoming options.

Infiniti Q60 Convertible | Infiniti USA

Production of the Q60 Convertible has come to a close.

We invite you to explore INFINITI’s lineup of luxury sedans, coupes, convertibles, crossovers, and SUVs.

·
Registered
380 Posts
After I posted that I remembered that I had seen it used to be for sale. However, your response sounds like it would still be a thing. And I know for a fact it isn't a thing because I reached out to Infiniti in 2018 when I was looking to buy a convertible and they told me they had no current or upcoming options.

Infiniti Q60 Convertible | Infiniti USA
Actually, I didn't know Infiniti had a convertible either -- any model year!:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
That Q60 was the G37 coupe/convertible. That was Johan de Nysschen's idea to rename the entire Infiniti line up back then.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Actually, I didn't know Infiniti had a convertible either -- any model year!:D

Have you ever seen the movie "Three Kings"? About the Persian gulf war and the main characters discover a Saddam Hussein treasure storage and I feel like I remember a scene where they were arguing that an Infiniti convertible existed, and there was one in the stash that they stole. Ever since then, whenever I would catch a glimpse of an Infiniti convertible (which isn't all that often), I remember that scene LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts