Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Impact tests for the QX60 were conducted by the NHTSA.

Side Pole Impact

Front Impact

Side Impact

·
Registered
38 Posts
I always sad to watch a brand new car get destroyed like that, but than I remember that it's worth it to ensure to safety of its consumers.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I like how the QX60 took the front end impact, no damage to the A-Pillar, windshield, or anywhere close to the driver and front passenger. Is there any detailed information on what Infiniti has done to the QX60 to make it safer in a collision?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hate watching these videos as they are actually more painful for the passenger than the dummy in the car. I am surprised the window didn't shatter and fly inside the cabin. From the regular speed it seemed like the Qx just bounced off the wall.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Shouldn't have to worry about that. Thank god for tempered glass you should have seen the lacerations before tempered glass was invented. For a vehicle of this size you would do more damage to the other guy than yourself. But its good to know that they take these test to make sure their vehicles are capable of every angle of impact.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Has the QX60 been tested for the small overlap tested. I hear most SUVs are failing.
it's cant be as bad as Ford, a lot of Ford and Lincoln vehicles fail this test, bad enough that you may not want to get a Ford because of that, just image if you were to hit a tractor trailer with a Ford going in at an angle the overlap test goes in at.....you would be dead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts