Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What will the towing capacity be like for the 2014 Infiniti QX60?

The QX60 Hybrid engine is a 2.5 Liter four-cylinder supercharged hybrid, reported to make about 250 horsepower, no mention of torque numbers though.

The 2013 Infiniti JX, which has a 3.5 Liter V6 engine with 265 horsepower and 248 torque was able to tow up to 3,500 LBS.

Since the power on both the Infiniti QX60 hybrid and JX35 are almost the same, should be expect towing capacity to also be the same?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The towing capacity of the JX35 is 3,500 lbs. I would expect the QX60 to be the same.
The difference is that, that 3500 LBS rating is for the JX35 which is non-hybrid, it has a totally different drivetrain. Usually with a smaller engine you have less torque resulting in a lower towing capacity.

Going off of that 3500 LBS rating....we might have to cut 500-750 LBS from it to get our QX60 hybrid towing capacity. i could be wrong.

·
Registered
13 Posts
With a usual decrease in displacement you would cut down towing capacity but were talking about a 2.5L that is a hybrid and is supercharged. usually with hybrids they yield a bit more torque and the supercharger is there for linear power.

·
Registered
36 Posts
With a usual decrease in displacement you would cut down towing capacity but were talking about a 2.5L that is a hybrid and is supercharged. usually with hybrids they yield a bit more torque and the supercharger is there for linear power.
I think infiniti is becoming more reliant on hybrid technology. In this case obviously they went down in displacement but the hybrid motor helps with torque out put and the supercharger helps with efficiency and of course power as well. So I think towing capacity should be a bit more if not the same regardless of the engine displacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts