Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Promising greener technology, the all-new 2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid garners attention at NYIAS.

Third hybrid introduced in Infiniti lineup
24% better fuel economy than the non-hybrid version
26mpg
Better fuel economy than any 7 passenger SUV

Specs:
A 2.5 supercharged 4 cylinder engine with a 15 kilowatt electric motor
Continuous variable transmission
Outputs 250hp

Hybrid will cost 3k more than non hybrid

·
Registered
295 Posts
$3000 more for 24% better fuel economy over 3+ years could save you money. Not sure how long till you break even on the $3000 extra you paid though

·
Registered
36 Posts
$3000 more for 24% better fuel economy over 3+ years could save you money. Not sure how long till you break even on the $3000 extra you paid though
$3000 is not a bad price to pay for the hybrid technology. It will take a while to break even for the cost but in a long run I think it's definitely worth it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
One thing you guys have to consider is that the QX60 is a 7 seater so just imagine the weight of it 26 mpg is really good. I have heard complaints of the mpg in other threaads being bad. Don't forget this is a full mid sized suv.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Promising greener technology, the all-new 2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid garners attention at NYIAS.

Third hybrid introduced in Infiniti lineup
24% better fuel economy than the non-hybrid version
26mpg
Better fuel economy than any 7 passenger SUV

Specs:
A 2.5 supercharged 4 cylinder engine with a 15 kilowatt electric motor
Continuous variable transmission
Outputs 250hp

Hybrid will cost 3k more than non hybrid

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid - 2013 New York Auto Show - YouTube
this is just the four cylinder motor, isn't there a v6 hybrid option for the Qx60? I think it need a bit more power for a vehicle of this size.

·
Registered
10 Posts
By now I kind of wish infiniti would switch out the cvt transmission for something else. It just takes away most of the fun but 250hp isn't that much anyways.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If infiniti only added another electric motor it could possible generate a bit more torque to haul the extra weight and help with getting more mpgs.

Where is the v6 hybrid?

·
Registered
132 Posts
By now I kind of wish infiniti would switch out the cvt transmission for something else. It just takes away most of the fun but 250hp isn't that much anyways.
DCT is what it needs. No better way to Maximize power and fuel efficiency than going to DCT.

·
Registered
295 Posts
DCT is what it needs. No better way to Maximize power and fuel efficiency than going to DCT.
any good automatic transmission should be good enough, no need for Infiniti/Nissan to spend millions to develop a DCT when they can use or build off of a current automatic transmission

·
Registered
7 Posts
glad to watch the video of New York auto show, and the infiniti qx60 2014 sounds awesome... i love the design and features of the drive. specially the hybrid feature is making the car superior then others. thanks for sharing this good video.

·
Registered
132 Posts
glad to watch the video of New York auto show, and the infiniti qx60 2014 sounds awesome... i love the design and features of the drive. specially the hybrid feature is making the car superior then others. thanks for sharing this good video.
hybrid powertrain is a plus, especially with how much much it is than the regular QX60, which isn't much at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts