The system components are:
• the front center display screen,
• the two rear displays on the back of the front head restraints,
• a remote controller,
• two headphones,
• and the rear auxiliary jacks on the back of the center console.
The front display is not available while the vehicle is moving and the remote controller cannot be used in the front seat. To view images in the front seat, the shift lever must be in the PARK position and the parking brake applied.
Sources connected to the rear auxiliary jacks can only be viewed on the rear display screens. Before connecting a device to a jack, turn off the power on the portable device.
These are the wireless headphones for the rear passengers. Press the button to turn the headphones on or off. Slide this switch to the left or right to choose the left or right rear display as the source to play through the headphones. The headphones turn off automatically after four minutes with no sound or after four hours of continuous use.
To play files on a CD, DVD, USB device or compatible auxiliary device on the front display, press the DISC-AUXILIARY button repeatedly until the desired mode is activated. The on-screen controls can be operated using the touchscreen or the INFINITI controller.
To select a source for the rear displays, press the SETTING button on the control panel and then touch the "Rear Display" key.
Touch the "Auto Display" key to turn the feature on if you wish to have the rear displays automatically come on when a source is played on the front display. Otherwise, touch "Display Control" and then touch the desired input source for both the left and right rear screens.
The sources for the rear displays can also be set using the remote controller. Slide this switch to the left or right to choose the corresponding rear display and then press the POWER button to turn the display on. Press the SOURCE button to choose the input source for that screen. To display the operation screen for the source that is being played, press the MENU button on the remote controller.
For example, to set the system to play three different audio or video sources simultaneously:
• Turn both headphones on, with one set for the left rear display and the other set for the right rear display.
• Activate the DVD on the front display by inserting a DVD or pressing the DISC-AUXILIARY button until the DVD mode is displayed.
• Slide the display select switch on the remote controller to the left and press the POWER button to play the DVD on the left rear display.
• Slide the display select switch on the remote controller to the right and press the POWER button to play the DVD on the right rear display.
• Change the front display to any desired audio source and it will play out of the vehicle speakers. The two headphones will be set to the DVD source.
• Finally, connect an auxiliary device such as a camcorder or portable video player to the rear auxiliary jacks. Slide the display select switch on the remote controller to the right and press SOURCE to choose the "Rear Aux" mode.
When complete, the front passengers can listen to an audio source through the vehicle speakers, the left rear passenger can watch a DVD and listen through the headphones, and the right rear passenger can view an auxiliary source while listening through the other pair of headphones.
Please see your Owner's Manual for important safety information, system limitations and additional operating information.