Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Lease

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Seeing how the Inifniti JX had so many issue with it I would just play it safe and go for the lease this time around.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Seeing how the Inifniti JX had so many issue with it I would just play it safe and go for the lease this time around.
What kind of issues did the jx have? Were they manageable and easy fixes or did it have to be brought back to the dealership for repair? Recalls?

·
Registered
10 Posts
As far as I know the 2014 infiniti Qx60 is just a rebadged 2013 Inifniti JX. Nothing has changed and everything including reliability and common issues can be refereed to the jx.

Just to play it safe I might have to just skip out on this Qx60 and wait for the revised one coming later in 2016.

·
Registered
132 Posts
if there's one thing I can ask for that will actually make a newer model QX60 look different from the rest is full LED tail lights. Never liked just having partial LED lights.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I purchased my QX60 AWD hybrid. I also purchased an extended bumper to bumper warrant thru USAA which will cover the vehicle for 72 months or 100k miles. I still get the car repaired by Infiniti, and the price of the USAA extended warranty was a fraction of the plans offered by my dealer (only $1300) Lastly, this extended warranty is transferable. So I'm not that worried.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
I'm one of the first owners of the JX and have to say, there have been very few issues, and all have been taken care of by the dealership at no cost to me. After close to 25,000 miles on my car, I am more than satisfied with the quality and performance. I think I'll be keeping this car long-term. Not so sure I would have purchased the hybrid. It just seems to be too small an engine for such a large vehicle.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I wanted the V6 but for 2014 they made it to where if you want it fully fully loaded you had to go hybrid. My guess was to 'push' hybrid sales for those who wanted every imaginable option available.

In the end, while I was a bit afraid of the power from a 4 cylinder with supercharger before purchasing, I can say after 2000 miles in a month of ownership that it's really not an issue.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I can second that regarding the hybrid. I was initially concerned about the supercharged 4 in the hybrid too, but after a test drive my concerns were allayed. Plenty of available power and it is also very refined (doesn't display any of the typical 4 harshness). My prior vehicle was a 2010 Buick Enclave which had a 283 HP direct injected V6, it was a very nice power train, but it loved gas...I averaged 13-14 mpg. My QX60 is just as quick and refined, and with only 700 miles on it I'm averaging 22 mpg. (Still breaking it in). Very happy with my purchase.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts