Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I tried starting my car today and it would not start. There is power seen on radio console (even the radio works), but air conditioning will not turn on. I also noticed that the power seats do not work. The key fob lock/unlock buttons don't function. When I press 'lock' the left/right turn signal arrows blinks twice and when I press 'unlock' it blinks once, but the actual locks don't do anything. I plugged in my OBDII reader and I get a total of 3 error codes P0463 ("Fuel Level Sensor “A” Circuit High."). All the same P0463 except the 3rd one says "permanent" right after it. I also popped the hood and found that the battery fuse on the positive burned out on top (not my image, but very similar).
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part Automotive wheel system

I tried to "jump" the broken fuse with a piece of metal and all of the sudden there was power to everything in the car. I even tried starting it, but it would not turn over. It seemed like the fuse "burned" out again, but if I repositioned the metal piece again, it would give me all power again, try to start car, and it would seem like it "burned" out. At this point I am at at a loss. Is it possible that the fuel sensor is causing the fuse to burn out? All the research I've found on the net states that it shouldn't cause the car not to start, but the fuel readings could be inaccurate. Anyone have any clues or suggestions? I plan on buying the Dorman Battery Fuse 926-001 at AutoZone tomorrow, but would it just blow out again? I'd hate to spend the 40ish bucks it cost to replace it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just wanted to report back incase someone else had the same problem. It turns out that the AC compressor went out. It runs on the serpentine belt which turns the cam shaft, alternator, etc... The pulley on the AC compressor was completely seized up. Which kept the belt from turning and causing the battery fuse to blow out. Bam it feels good to be a gangsta.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW, did you replace the compressor yourself? If so, I’m curious how hard it was…
I changed it with my brother. I would definitely recommend another person to help. You take off the right passenger wheel to access everything. There are 4 mounting bolts to take off that are fairly easy to access. Be careful not to strip off the head on the bolt that is up high toward the manifold. You have no room to get any bolt extractors if you strip it. I almost stripped it, but had just enough bite using a 14mm GearWrench. I thought I was screwed at first, but didn't give up. There is like 6 other bolts to take off that go to some brackets that hold the tubing for oil filter and radiator. The hardest part was removing the high/low lines that go to the AC compressor. It was tough as nails getting a small 10mm socket because of the positioning of where they are. I have fat hands and fingers so that doesn't help either. I just repositioned the AC compressor pushing it up and toward the radiator while my brother was wrenching on it. Then when we finally got it off just reposition the back end to drop down first and out of the vehicle. The easiest part was getting it all back together. Took us 3.5 hours trying to get it out, but putting it back together took like 30-45 minutes including putting all the brackets and water splash shrouds back on. My brother and I like wrenching on cars, but we agreed that if it ever went out again, it would be worth paying a mechanic to do it. Maybe if I were younger I'd feel different, but the positioning of our arms from reaching in awkward positions really hurt my neck and back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.