Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think MPV is fairer than Minivan. The QX60 will tow, just dont expect it to like it. With the new tranny from Pathfinder Qx60 gets the chain driven CVT thats rated to tow 5,000 lbs, but i dont recommend it. CVTs do not like heavy loads or horsepower or speed...
How do you know CVT's don't like heavy loads? I never heard that. They rated it for 5k LBS for a reason. As long as its under warranty there should be nothing to worry about

·
Registered
148 Posts
How do you know CVT's don't like heavy loads? I never heard that. They rated it for 5k LBS for a reason. As long as its under warranty there should be nothing to worry about
just because you never heard it doesn't mean its not true... they're rated at 5K lbs because someone rated them at 5K lbs... Look at CVT applications, typically they are in small sub 200 horsepower cars. Perfectly fine in those applications, easy driving, easy loads. Now they jam a CVT into the pathfinder give it a tow rating of 5K and all of a sudden CVT's are imploding left right and center...

CVT's are made for efficiency not for grunt. Why do you think not a single full size pickup truck has ever come with a CVT? You can't have cake and eat it too.

but if you like the feeling of a slipping clutch ignore me and tow away with your QX60.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a chance to take a look at a 2014 MDX over the weekend, I was not impressed! Although it looked sportier on the outside, the interior was lacking. The 2nd row space was considerably less, and the 3rd row was atrocious. (Granted I am 6' 3", But i tried all seats in the JX/QX60)

The electronics in the car don't measure up with the JX at all, except for the HDMI input to the dvd monitor, that woulda been super helpful. Seriously whens the last time anyone used composite video? **** I haven't used Svideo in the last 10 years.

I didn't bother driving the acura, Im sure it drives nice and gets better gas mileage than the JX, But on the inside i felt like I was sitting in an early 2000s Accord. not worth it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree, we just bought one for the same reasons, nice quiet ride, lots of room and looks great. I have a daily driver acura tsx, overall it's a great car but the dealer and acura client services were awful to deal with. It was my protest buy along with really liking the infiniti product. I felt like I got more for my money.

Cheers

21 - 24 of 24 Posts