Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
thanks for posting!

the MDX beat out the QX60 for unknown reasons. Couldn't really take away what they liked about the MDX

The complain with the RX is that though it is the sportiest. It's not very comfortable. It's kind of a confused car to the reviewers.

The QX60 is the most comfortable (wohoo!!)

The MDX is the quickest to 60 and grips the best. The interior wasnt the most impressive. I feel like the QX60 could have won. It must have been a pretty close margin with the MDX

The one thing the QX lacks in the most compared to the other two is mileage. The QX60 is heavy and we sure pay for it.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
Hands down, I'd still pick the Infiniti over the other two since we usually carry passengers and a lot of cargo/goodies. The milage isn't that bad considering the size of the car. I'll take it over the 10-13 we got with the Armada.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I never knew the MDx would be that much of a challenge for the QX60 but I would like to know what those unknown reasons were. I felt like the Qx60 had won in my books.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I could never give the Acura a second look. For me it would come down to either the Lexus or Infiniti, and considering I do need to haul an extra two passengers and extra cargo at times, the QX60 is just the better buy for me.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hands down, I'd still pick the Infiniti over the other two since we usually carry passengers and a lot of cargo/goodies. The milage isn't that bad considering the size of the car. I'll take it over the 10-13 we got with the Armada.
the storage and comfort of the JX / QX60 make it a better choice for families.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
The nice thing about the QX60/JX35 is that for a large car, it is pretty easy to park and you don't have to worry about low overheads in parking garages. As much as I liked the Armada and QX56, they were a bit of a beast to park in most of the garages and parking lots in the Seattle and any place where size is a big concern.

·
Registered
210 Posts
You had a QX56 :O

That thing is huge!

Went to look at a MDX in person.

It's a nice looking car but the rear seats and cargo room definitely aren't as good.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
You had a QX56 :O

That thing is huge!

Went to look at a MDX in person.

It's a nice looking car but the rear seats and cargo room definitely aren't as good.
Our Infiniti dealership gave us a 2013 QX56 for 7 weeks while we waited for our JX to come in from the east coast. Very nice ride, and I could really see the differences between the 2012 Armada that we traded in. Even though the Armada was fully loaded, the QX spoiled us. The only thing I really didn't like about either was the gas milage. Spending $100 every fill up stung. With the JX, we are finding that we are using it all the time rather than our secondary car which is a 2012 Rogue. The JX has plenty of room, we can park it in pretty tight places but most of all, we have the capacity to carry the same amount of passengers. We did add a Yakima cargo box for longer trips. Makes it so much nicer to carry lots of stuff. Also, I like paying $60 for a fill up and getting the same range on my trips.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Our Infiniti dealership gave us a 2013 QX56 for 7 weeks while we waited for our JX to come in from the east coast. Very nice ride, and I could really see the differences between the 2012 Armada that we traded in. Even though the Armada was fully loaded, the QX spoiled us. The only thing I really didn't like about either was the gas milage. Spending $100 every fill up stung. With the JX, we are finding that we are using it all the time rather than our secondary car which is a 2012 Rogue. The JX has plenty of room, we can park it in pretty tight places but most of all, we have the capacity to carry the same amount of passengers. We did add a Yakima cargo box for longer trips. Makes it so much nicer to carry lots of stuff. Also, I like paying $60 for a fill up and getting the same range on my trips.
Wow which dealership was this? That was very nice of them to give you guys a QX56 for 7 weeks. The mileage sucks on those but at least got you to drive around a cool 'boss' car while you wait for yours. It might make you appreciate the good gas mileage on your QX60 once you get it.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
It was Infiniti of Tacoma at Fife Washington. The've been great to work with and wanted to make sure we got the exact model with all the options. I also know they wanted our Armada trade in too. That vehicle sold in 4 days.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'd imagine. And that $100 probably didn't get you very far either.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
Not really. I did like the way it sounded on start up however. Pretty mean sounding engine. I drove Tahoes for years at work and enjoyed their power and torque which to me was a little less than the Armada or QX. I just don't need that kind of power at this time. If I were planning on towing a vehicle in the future, I'd have to take a hard look at the QX80 however. Plenty of power, but a heck of a lot more quality than any of its competitors.

·
Registered
295 Posts
if towing isn't required I figure the QX60 is adequate power for anyone.

with great power comes miserable mileage.

lol
the QX60 is basically a really cool minivan, it's what it really easy, so people shouldn't expect to pull some 2-3 car trailer with it. It should be good for most peoples towing needs.

·
Registered
148 Posts
the QX60 is basically a really cool minivan, it's what it really easy, so people shouldn't expect to pull some 2-3 car trailer with it. It should be good for most peoples towing needs.
I think MPV is fairer than Minivan. The QX60 will tow, just dont expect it to like it. With the new tranny from Pathfinder Qx60 gets the chain driven CVT thats rated to tow 5,000 lbs, but i dont recommend it. CVTs do not like heavy loads or horsepower or speed...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts