Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased my JX35 in March 2017 with 34k on it. Immediately after I left the dealership, I experienced the shuddering issue and thought I had made a huuge mistake on taking a chance with this truck. I love it!! To me Nothing compares to this truck. The MDX is smaller and less luxurious and the Lexus GX is FUGLY!! I took my truck back to the dealership to have the transmission serviced under warranty and they kept it for over a week. When I finally got the truck back they explained to me they replaced the throttle body int he transmission and that would take care of the issue. I expressed my concern about the transmission exhibiting the same behavior as the ones I researched and they informed me my JX35 had the old design Transmission in it and will not experience the same issues. Over the past 2 years, i have noticed the shuddering here and there but never consistent. About a month ago, I noticed the shuddering had stopped but the transmission seemed to disengage at times. I made it about 3 days and decided to get it evaluated by my mechanic. If my mechanic says it needs a new tranny, I was going to take it back to the dealership to try to trade it in for a newer model. Needless to say, once I got the truck to my mechanic, he determeined the tranny was toast. I paid him for the diagnostic and tried to drive to the dealreship but the truck would not go into reverse. So without a choice I had my mechanic replace the transmission for ~$4200. $2200 for the re-manufactured transmission and 15 hours labor. He said replacing this tranny was a nightmare and it took him over 2 weeks to complete. Now my new transmission is much smoother and does not exhibit the shuddering issue I noticed when I bought it initially. The moral to my story is if you have the shuddering issue, your transmission is on borrowed time. Do what you have to do to avoid the pain I just endured. I am happy now but am still getting rid of this thing. Choices for comparable 7 passenger luxury SUV's are very scarce. I guess I am spoiled.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Like you said, I thought the JX's had the "old" transmission that was more reliable. What was your mileage when the 2nd transmission was installed, about 65K?

Not that it helps, my JX has 135k but worry about this issue all the time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts