Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

2013 Infiniti JX35 AC not working

13K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  mike.arnold905 
#1 ·
The AC on our 2013 Infiniti JX35 has stopped working. At first it was slightly cold on all vents, but warm on the vent just left to the nav screen. However, now it is warm in all vents.

A mechanic tested it to have 18psi on the low side, and 150psi on the high side. He thinks it is a bad compressor.

Sitting in the car and pressing the AC button I can hear something turn on (compressor?)

Is there anything else I can diagnose myself? I've read that a clog in the Orifice tube or expansion tank can cause a similar problem. As well as potential problems with the physical "blending doors" or some electronic problem.

Has anyone had something similar?

Thanks

#3 ·
I have a 2014 and when I bought it the ac was warm, I didn’t notice due to a cool morning so the air felt cool. More than likely it is a bad compressor. I know they say to replace the drier, accumulator, and remove expansion valves and flush condensers and evaporators, but I found an estimate for a new compressor and ac vaccum in my glove box so I took the chance ordered a 150 dollar reman oem compressor off eBay and went to auto parts store and rented an ac vaccum and manifold gauges. When I took the old compressor off, the wiring looked burnt. It’s a fairly easy job and the difficult part is getting the old compressor to fit out the small hole on the bottom. Belt is extremely easy to take off put back on. I had a bolt break on the old compressor that holds the ac line in so I had to remove the whole low side ac line out the bottom still attached to compressor. Took almost 2 hours just to get it out the hole but may be easier if you don’t break the bolt and have to take it out with the line attached. I had the new compressor back in in minutes as it’s only 4 bolts. It takes a little longer to hook the ac high and low lines to the compressor but not that difficult. After installing the new, I vacuumed the system for I think a hour or two and I needed to add 4 oz of PAG 46 oil as the compressor I bought already had 4 oz. System takes 8 ounces of PAG 46. Next I added the correct amount of refrigerant and my ac works great.

#4 ·
I have never worked on ac before this only adding refrigerant before. I just can’t see paying the amount they charge for ac. The estimate in my glovebox for a compressor and ac vaccum was around 700 dollars. That’s fairly cheap as most ac jobs are in the thousands. I am a diy’er and love to figure out issues and learn to do them myself. I did almost lose patients getting that compressor out with the line attached but ordered a new one (low side line)at the local auto parts store as it was only 25 dollars but had to wait till the next day. I could have waited and just cut the old one off but I thought I could get it out as I wasn’t worrying about damage to the old compressor. It’s not impossible to do yourself and it’s located right beside your oil filter on the inside of the right front tire.

#6 ·
I just recently had my compressor and condenser replaced. The air worked afterwards for a few weeks, but then would only blow cold air off an on. I could start the car, and it would blow warm/room temp air for 10 miles and then out of nowhere start blowing cold air. And then sometimes I would start my car and it would blow cold immediately. However the past 3 days it has only blown warm/room temp air. Any thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.