Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of buying a qx60. Questions...

1. Do 20 inch tires raise the car off the ground more?
2. Do 20 inch tires ride different than the 18's?

Thanks!

Perry

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
1) No

They aren't 20" tires. They're 20" wheels. The overall diameter of the tire is the same - it just has a smaller sidewall than a comparable tire for the 18" wheel.

2) Only a little.

A tire is part of your total suspension system. There's "give" to the sidewall in a tire. A tire with a smaller sidewall will have less give than one with a bigger sidewall. Therefore, a QX60 with 20" wheels will ride very marginally firmer than 18". You'll barely notice the difference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
1) No

They aren't 20" tires. They're 20" wheels. The overall diameter of the tire is the same - it just has a smaller sidewall than a comparable tire for the 18" wheel.

2) Only a little.

A tire is part of your total suspension system. There's "give" to the sidewall in a tire. A tire with a smaller sidewall will have less give than one with a bigger sidewall. Therefore, a QX60 with 20" wheels will ride very marginally firmer than 18". You'll barely notice the difference.
My all-season seasons are on 20-inch rims, and my snows are on 18-inch rims. I cannot say I have noticed any appreciable difference in the ride except possibly just a little bit quieter with the 18's.

·
Registered
89 Posts
What do you think you are going to go with in the end? The 20" ones probably cost more and are considered fancier. I think it mostly comes down to looks and not driving dynamics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine came with the 18's but I always wanted the 20's. I agree that the 18's will give you a little of a smoother ride and the tires are cheaper but the 20's look real good and fits the car better. I'm having a hard time finding 20's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts