Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2017 QX60 and every time i turn it makes a grinding noise. It’s back at the dealer and they think it’s my tire size. I have 20 inch rims and 255/50z tires on them. They found a caliper that fails and they are replacing that also found out these are summer tires and i was driving in snow. Any suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
I just bought a 2017 QX60 and every time i turn it makes a grinding noise. It’s back at the dealer and they think it’s my tire size. I have 20 inch rims and 255/50z tires on them. They found a caliper that fails and they are replacing that also found out these are summer tires and i was driving in snow. Any suggestions. Thanks
Sounds plausible. The factory 20 inch rims take 235/55-20 tires; so the tires on your vehicle are 20 mm wider (.787 inches) with a diameter approximately the same (your sidewall height is 1.75 mm lower (0.059 inches)).

Are the offsets on those rims the same as the OEM 20 inch rim offset -- that could be an issue too?

To be in design spec, you need the same offset on your rims as on the OEM rims, and 235/55 series 20 inch tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds plausible. The factory 20 inch rims take 235/55-20 tires; so the tires on your vehicle are 20 mm wider (.787 inches) with a diameter approximately the same (your sidewall height is 1.75 mm lower (0.059 inches)).

Are the offsets on those rims the same as the OEM 20 inch rim offset -- that could be an issue too?

To be in design spec, you need the same offset on your rims as on the OEM rims, and 235/55 series 20 inch tires.
Thanks for the education The tires came with the car and they didn’t notice the grinding until i bought it to their attention it only happens when i make a sharp turn so it may well be the tires. I will mention it to them to try to see if they can replace those tires with the factory spec 20inch 235/55. Thanks again for replying

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the education The tires came with the car and they didn’t notice the grinding until i bought it to their attention it only happens when i make a sharp turn so it may well be the tires. I will mention it to them to try to see if they can replace those tires with the factory spec 20inch 235/55. Thanks again for replying
It was the coupler!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts