Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. First post in this forum. My wife has a 2017 QX60 AWD. 42,000 and some change. Been noticing the dreaded bumping feeling/noise from the rear while turning at slow speeds. After some Google searching, and forum searching, I believe there is a rear electronic coupling problem. The service bulletin I found described the sounds and conditions that we are experiencing, and it also said that if you unplugged the electrical connection and it stopped, then the coupler needs replacing. I did that today, and with the electrical connection unplugged, I had zero sounds/bumps from the rear. The car isn't under warranty, and the part from what I'm finding is gonna be close to a grand if not more.

Everything I have found so far refers to taking it to a dealer for replacement. The service bulletin also said that the rear differential didn't have to be removed, that only the part would need to be changed out. Has anybody on here tried to tackle this? From the parts breakdown, it doesn't look too complicated, but I couldn't find a YouTube video or anything of the like. Also does the new coupler have to be programmed, or is it plug and play?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts