Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking to purchase the 2016 model real soon; only thing that's undecided is how the "15 speaker cabin sorround" system compares to the "13 speaker premium" system in terms of sound quality and bass. The 15 speaker system is only available with purchase of the $6900 Deluxe tech package which I don't actually need.

·
Registered
475 Posts
If you like music, yes it is. The 15 speaker system was tuned by Bose to the cabin, the 13 speaker system was not. I have the 15 speaker system and I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hey guys, looking to purchase the 2016 model real soon; only thing that's undecided is how the "15 speaker cabin sorround" system compares to the "13 speaker premium" system in terms of sound quality and bass. The 15 speaker system is only available with purchase of the $6900 Deluxe tech package which I don't actually need.
The Deluxe Tech package has all the best stuff, cooled seats (worth weight in gold - Texas Summers), intelligent cruise control, Backup protection....

Oh, and 15 speakers.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
We had the 13 speaker system in our 13 Pathfinder, and 15 speaker in our 15 QX. Both, in my opinion are "meh". In fact, in the Pathfinder, I replaced the subwoofer and all 4 door speakers. That helped, especially the sub. But still, my Volvo XC70's stereo kicks the crap out of both. And even more surprising, is the Sony in our 16 F150 truck beats the two Bose products. I'm not saying the truck is great, I'm saying both Bose systems aren't. IMHO.

But like yeller says, the other stuff in the DT package is highly entertaining. I love the intelligent cruise control.

·
Registered
66 Posts
+1 on the Deluxe package having the nice equipment.

I can't speak for the 15 speakers but I love me those dual panel moonroof and ventilated seats.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the Deluxe Touring/Tech package with the 15 speakers. And yes, it is totally worth it. I cant say how it compares to the 13 speaker though.

But like others have said, the other goodies u get in that package are totally worth it - rear seat heaters are what sold it for us (and the kids LOVE it!). Panoramic sunroof is also very nice - makes the vehicle feel roomier esp. when there are 7 folks in it :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the 13 speaker system in my QX60. I had the 15 speaker system in my previous G35. I really can not tell the difference. I have teenagers, who are very critical of sound, and they tell me my radio rocks! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts