Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got my first vehicle health report emailed to me over the weekend. I noticed that it recommends next maintenance to be in 12 months or 10,000 miles. However, when I read the maintenance manual I remember the recommendation was to change oil in 4,500 miles not sure whether it was synthetic or regular.

I am wondering whether this is different for 2017 or is this what normally recommended i.e, 10K miles or 12 months whichever comes first?

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Call your selling dealer and speak with the service manager. Seems like the manual and health report are contradictory.
I would say it's best to change the oil at 5,000 miles' plus it's a tire rotation interval, so it saves time getting it all done at once.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Dealer recommended service isn't the same as the manufacturer recommended service. Typically dealer recommended service has lower intervals. My dealer has 15 to 20 reasons why their service plan is better than the manufacturers. In the end, it's your call, the manufacture or your dealer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good point yeller, the dealers do try to oversell the service. $$$

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah I totally agree. I typically do not take my car to dealerships for service because of cost and unnecessary things they suggest which are not even required in the service manual.

However, I will call the dealer I purchased my vehicle from, given that he knows I am 70 miles away, he already knows and doesn't expect me to service it there, so may be just may be I get an honest answer :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
The manual for the vehicle states a 6 month or 5,000 mile interval. I would personally follow this for my QX.

owners.infinitiusa.com/content/manualsandguides/QX60/2017/2017-qx60-owner-manual.pdf

Page 9-8

1 - 6 of 6 Posts