User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 12:30 AM
Vikas Rupal

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Tpms error

Hi folks, I bought used 2014 QX60 couple of months ago. It came with winter tires with after market rims installed and stock 20’’ tires with rims.
Summer is back, so I swapped my tires from winter to summer stock tires ..after driving the car for a bit, my tpms started showing tire pressure. But after 15-20 kms of driving, it gave me tpms error warning. My screen says” tpms error check manual” and tpms light is on..

Any suggestions pls..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Do you have TPMS sensors in the wheels? Did you change tires, or change wheels. If you you changed wheels, then the sensors are probably still in your winter wheels.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 10:54 PM
Vikas Rupal

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Both of my wheels have tpms installed.. I swapped complete wheel that’s summer tire, stock 20’’ rim and tpms. When I started driving, after few miles it showed me tire pressure. But few more miles later, tpms error came on.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
That's a head-scratcher. I wonder if one of them got damaged in unmounting/mounting. I'd suggest driving it for a few hundred miles. It may sort itself out. If it doesn't take it back to the place that did the work for you.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2018 qx60

I just bought a 2018 QX60, and slapped on a new set of wheels with after-market TPMS sensors, and the system won't seem to pick it up. I haven't been able to find much information on this car model on the internet, but there's plenty regarding the hacked version of tapping a wire to ground 6x, etc. There's no such wire like that near the OBD2 connector. I've had this TPMS error on dash for a few days now, and I've driven plenty of miles at many variable speeds.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 05:51 PM

Hi

I bought new rims without the tpms. As most of you know the display shows the dreaded ”tpms error check manual” message. Now I can clear it by pressing the Enter button. I find it such a hassle to have to press it everytime the vehicle is started. Is there a way to clear the message so that it doesn't show up everytime?

Also Is there a way to switch the cabin air circulation to let in outside air every time the vehicle is started? The default is set to not let air in from the outside and only circulate inside air. I would like to leave it to let air in from outside.

Thanks In Advance
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 01:43 PM

TPMS issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikas Rupal View Post
Both of my wheels have tpms installed.. I swapped complete wheel that’s summer tire, stock 20’’ rim and tpms. When I started driving, after few miles it showed me tire pressure. But few more miles later, tpms error came on.
I have the same issue with my car. After installing my summer rims back on the car it recognized the TPMS sensors and after a few miles lost them and now I am getting the error constantly. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page