Wheel Bearings - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wheel Bearings

I have a '13 JX35 that I purchased back in March with 34K on it. About a month and a half ago I noticed a loud vibration coming from the front passenger side. The sound increased as I sped up and decreased as I slowed down. However, nothing can be heard up to 30mph. I immediately thought it was the wheel bearing assy. I have a private mechanic that I take my car to all the time. Usually I buy my own parts and this time I got them from Auto zone. I had 2 selections for my truck (AWD) so of course I went with the cheaper option by duralast. I took it to my mechanic and he says it was the wrong part (too small). So i go back to autozone and compare the more expensive version of the same part (Moog) and noticed that was much bigger. My mechanic installed it and the vibration noise went away. Now I am noticing some shimmying in my brake pedal and steering wheel every time I brake from highway speeds.

My thinking was i need to turn the rotors (heat spots) but I would feel the shimmy at low speeds as well.

In my past experience, a bad wheel bearing can cause havoc on the suspension system. I think I may have a worn tie rod.

Anyone else experience this problem with the wheel bearings so soon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
I had a right rear bearing go bad (similar noise problems you experienced), however there were no secondary problems after the dealer repaired it. sorry...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Are wheel bearings covered under the original 4yr/60,000 warranty (parts&labor)? may have similar issue.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Would be worth a shot. I suggest getting it replaced quickly as it tends to do damage to the suspension system.