100k Service question - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
100k Service question

I just reached 100K in my 2013 JX35 and wanted to get everyone's input as to where they got the work done and what was done. It is now time for me to replace my spark plugs and air filter for my 100K service. Based off previous experience with my old Mazda CX-9, I am thinking about replacing the coil packs as well. My question is has anyone had this work done a the dealership for the low price of ~$3000.00, attempted to do it yourself, or taken to a local mechanic to have the parts done. Also did you just replace the plugs or both the plugs and coil packs? I have been hearing difffering opinions regarding the coil packs. My take on it is to replace them so I wont have to go back in a few thousand miles to replace them when they go bad. Just looking to see everyone else's experience with this service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Good question. I'm at 130k and haven't replaced the plugs or coil pack. I know the plugs need to be done soon as advised in the maintenance manual, but why are you changing the coil packs too?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 02:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spark plugs definitely need to be done. Coil packs shouldn't need to be replaced unless your getting a cel light.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Here is a current-gen Pathfinder (same layout/engine/everything as the QX60) spark plug replacement video, looks straight forward (and a little crazy) if you have the time.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeller View Post
Good question. I'm at 130k and haven't replaced the plugs or coil pack. I know the plugs need to be done soon as advised in the maintenance manual, but why are you changing the coil packs too?

I had a 2008 Mazda CX-9 and replaced the spark plugs at the required mileage and 12,000 miles later, I had a CEL on consistently with poor acceleration. I learned and was told the coil packs need to be replaced also. My thinking was to take care of the coil packs since the intake manifold will have to be removed to access the rear bank so I won't have to pay twice the labor. Now, i know this is no Mazda but was making sure since neither my mazda manual or Infiniti manual suggested coil packs as well.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
I just got quote for spark plug replacement, and it cost only about $250.... After saw the videos above, I will let professional do it....

Chicago 2017 QX60 AWD Deluxe + Theater

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page