User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Unsettling possible transmission issue

So as I was driving into work this morning, I had to make a left turn onto a busy main road and I hit the gas reasonably hard to squeeze into an opening. As I turn, I apply throttle, revving the engine to something in the 3200rpm range, but the car is barely accelerating. In fact, it's accelerating as if the engine were revved to about 1800 rpm or so, but the engine noise is there. I apply more throttle, revving the engine to about 5K rpm and the car doesn't seem to be accelerating any quicker. I take my foot off the gas and then reapply throttle at which point things went back to normal.

I haven't tried to replicate this, but has anyone else had a similar experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 01:34 PM
Lead Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
This is the first time I can recall hearing about this issue on this and the JX forums. If it happend once, it will probably do it again. Don't mess with it at bring it to the dealership. Whatever is causing it is more than likely covered under warranty.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 12:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is the car in "Eco drive"?

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 08:20 AM

This problem has been happening on some Pathfinders with this new transmission, in addition to shudder problem. My Pathfinder shuddered with the original transmission. I had my transmission replaced and still have the shudder. It's at the dealer this moment awhile the dealer is trying to replicate the shudder. However, I've never had the "lose of power" issue. I was looking to trade in for the QX60, so I came here to see if there's any transmission issue on the QX60 and this is the first post I read. I don't know if any QX60 has shudder yet.

I see some shuddering thread on here too. I might have to keep my Pathfinder for now.

Last edited by Pathfinding; 04-24-2014 at 08:26 AM.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Garage
I've had mine on a few occasion stay in what would be 1st gear in a regular transmission and not shift up to 2nd. This caused me to pull over, shut the car off, restart and it went away. I'm at around 2500 miles and it's happened around 3 or 4 times.

Once I was at a light and the engine was off (I have the hybrid). When the light went green I lifted off the brake to the gas to accelerate and the engine spun up and shut down quickly. That was it, it wouldn't restart the engine. I had to restart the car and then it didn't happen again.

All this, for me, is quite unsettling. I buy new vehicles to not have to go back to dealerships for stuff like this. Naturally I'll mention all this when I bring it back for my first and only free oil change, but I'm done with Infiniti after this. My closest Infiniti dealership is 45 minutes away and costs me around $15 in tolls.

2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid AWD - Obsidian Black with Graphite Leather - Fully loaded including the Theater Package
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
hm thats not good.

bring it back to the dealer and have them run diagnostics

there is nothing you can do at home to fix it or diagnose it anyways.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Thank you all for your input (and @ Nick O - it was not in ECO mode). It hasn't happened to me since but I plan on taking it in.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 08:31 AM

I had the shudder issue with my JX. My fuel gauge was replaced, air bags recalculated many times, and transmission was replaced twice on the same car due to the shudder issue. The third transmission on the same car developed the shudder and Infiniti replaced my JX with a brand new QX. On my new 2014 QX I have had my fuel line looked at twice, because when I get down to a quarter tank of gas all of a sudden the stick and the numerical miles will rapidly go down. They say it is fine, so every time I get gas I have to reset my trip to make sure I know approximately how much gas I have used. My passenger air bag sometimes doesn't register someone is sitting in the seat. The person is sitting correctly and weighs enough. It just doesn't work. Now, I have had the loss of power issue several times with this QX. This morning as I was pulling on to the highway I pressed the gas and the car barely moved. It didn't accelerate properly. The engine revved, but the car didn't accelerate. It has happened approximately four times. I took my foot off of the gas and reapplied and still nothing. The third time it kicked in and accelerated. I do drive a lot and already have 16,000 miles on the car.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sounds like you're in the ECO driving mode.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
same problem almost

I have a brand new 2014 from last week. What I have noticed is when I push on the gas my RPMs actually decrease until steadily, until I press nearly to the floor, then the rams increase. I drive in sport.
????

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page