Poor Gas Mileage with new 2017 QX 60 - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Poor Gas Mileage with new 2017 QX 60

I am very frustrated with the poor gas mileage on my QX 60. I am averaging on 12-15 MPG. At times on the Fuel Economy I am getting 8-9, around town. This just isn’t right. It’s at the dealership now for thirty day checkup. Has anyone else had problems and what are you averaging city and hwy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 07:26 PM
Lead Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
That doesn't sound right at all. I'm averaging 20 mpg mixed driving since day one and 24 highway. My worst in city driving was 17 mpg.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
2nd that, really terrible fuel economy~11mpg !!!
Also coming from a 2017_Qx6o_AWD currently @ 1,450 miles on the Odometer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Something ain't right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebeleav View Post
I am very frustrated with the poor gas mileage on my QX 60. I am averaging on 12-15 MPG. At times on the Fuel Economy I am getting 8-9, around town. This just isn’t right. It’s at the dealership now for thirty day checkup. Has anyone else had problems and what are you averaging city and hwy?

On my 2017 QX60 I have been averaging 23 combined and 27 highway.
I always drive in eco mode on the highway. But it sure is fun in sport mode...

Ed
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Either there's something wrong with the car, or there's something wrong with how you drive.

As I'm writing this, the snarky sarcastic part of me hopes you're the moron I was stuck behind yesterday who rests her left foot on the brake pedal. I'm willing to bet money that that lady complains about her car and how fast it goes through brakes and how bad the mileage is. I watched a person do this while test driving the other day. I asked her if that's how she was taught to drive (I know it wasn't because she learned on a manual). She said yes.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
That is mpg is abnormal, IMO. I had to admit that I have a lead foot and I averaged 19-20 on the highway in the QX60. I know she can do better if I drive less assertively. I tried Eco mode before and hated it so never touched that mode again ever.

Unless you live in mega cities like NY or LA with heavy stop and go driving. I used to live in NY for a number of years. I then drove the Infiniti FX35 and in NY, I only average 10-11 mpg with mixed city (mostly city) and a little highway driving. Having moved to Houston where I drive mostly highway, that mpg has improved to 19mpg on the same vehicle.

2015 Infiniti QX60 AWD fully loaded
Black on black
*added OEM tow package

2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD - Black Obsidian
* heavily moded

SOLD: 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum - Red
w/ 2nd row DVD Entertainment
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 01:05 PM

I too have a 2017 QX60 & I typically reset the intouch fuel economy screen at every gas fill up. If i do the math my car typically gives 19 - 21 MPG city driving, while in the MPG recorded on the Intouch screen is 10-12 MPG.

I've raised this with the dealership & they say it's normal & that every vehicle does that (hard to believe though)
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I see that EVERYDAY driving from the East Bay into San Francisco... Makes me HAPPY when I see someone else call out other Morons!
As for MPG, I just got my 2017 AWD and have averaged about 19 combined.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 12:59 PM

Yes, I am having the same issue, 2017Infiniti QX60, at one point from Dec 17-Feb 18, we were only averaging11.9 miles per gallon and when the temperature started going up, mileageincreased to 13.7, beginning of April it became 15.9 and with over 60 degree outsidewe get about 18 something per gallon on local drive. We were fine at the firstthree months averaging about 20 something around city and highway. But itstarted going down since the Dec 2017, then I started noticing that when it'slow temperature outside, the transmission acts up weird, it get stuck on 4thspeed on 35 miles and the engine RPM stays at above 2000. I complained this tothe dealership I purchased the vehicle, plus another dealership closer to me.Both of them tells me that there is no error code, also the service manager inClarendon Hills keep saying that the low gas mileage is due to the gas mix withOxygenates. I understand that you lose 3-4 mile but not 10 miles. My BMW 535XI,still get the almost same mileage in winter and summer. One time I test drovethe vehicle with a technical, showed him how it acts up in cold temperature.They keep telling me this is how the CVT transmission works, I think that isfull of crap. Both dealers, they have the worst customer service (sameowner), once they sell the vehicle to you, their behavior changes. Ireally regret getting this brand new vehicle. My old Lexus GX470 was getting 14miles regardless if winter/summer.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We’re getting much less mpg than advertised as well. If you using the onboard system to determine mileage it’s not even close to accurate. I always do mpg by hand and it’s been off as much as 5 mpg. Dealer tells my wife that computer just estimates mileage not actually calculates which is complete bullshit. I’ll take it in next time to see if they can reflash the computer. I should have stayed with Volvo!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page