User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FEB Malfuction??

Just got my new Infiniti 2017 QX60 - One month later I am getting FEB malfunction. Dealr is stumped and says they are sending a tech in.... others have had the same problem he says, but they still don't know what is causing it.... anyone else having this issue...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Does it happen in the same location every day? If so, probably something in/near the road with lots of metal in it.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

no, always in a different place...

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 12:32 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
does only happen in the morning after cold starts? I am wondering if it has anything to do with frosted windshield.

It has happened to me 3 times. 2 times it was early morning with nice film of ice coated on the windshield after the car warmed up the error went away itself. The first time it happened was due to unknown issues, I think either it was due to bright light blinding the camera or from speed trap of state trooper.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've had this happen 3 times so far on my new 2017. I called the dealer regarding it, and they said to call back in a couple weeks as they have received a numerous complaints regarding it I guess, and are in contacting Infiniti about it.

Happens very randomly, no similar conditions between the times it happened. Can be clear, great weather, just driving down the street and it happens. Doesn't go away until the car is restarted. Then it works fine again.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
What's FEB?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 11:08 AM

Forward Emergency Braking

The FEB with pedestrian detection system can assist the driver when there is a risk of a forward collision with the vehicle ahead in the traveling lane or with a pedestrian.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QX60.PNG
Views:	806
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	4273  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Thank you.
It's not available w/ the 2013 JX35. Too bad, it's not software upgradeable even if the hardware is there. Granted, I'm not saying that the hardware has been the same from 2013 into 2017.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 04:08 PM

I am having the exact same issue on my new QX60. The dealer said it was the sensor in the windshield that was giving off the alarm, but it appears to be working properly (???). They told me that if it happens again to bring it in to have the sensor replaced. Given others with the exact same problem, I don't feel so confident that their solution will fix the problem.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 11:36 AM

Hello All,

Having the same problem on my new QX60 2017. The FEB malfunction happened about a month after first driving it. It still breaks at odd times driving and no one around. I was hoping to hear how they may have fixed your problem or if the FEB still malfunctions.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page