2015 Engine Issues - Infiniti diagnosis vs actual? - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Today, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2015 Engine Issues - Infiniti diagnosis vs actual?

Hi,

I have a 2015 QX60 with 77,000 miles. I have always had it serviced regularly. I have always used regular gas and never added any additives (which I know now that I should have been).

Last week I was driving and my car started jerking back and forth when I accelerated. I stopped by advanced auto to see if they would run a diagnostic on my car but since the engine light did not come on, they couldn't. I did buy a fuel additive and added it to my tank when I filled up. (Note, the last time I filled it up it was half from Costco and half from another station because I wanted to fill up before Dorian).

After the additive and fuel was added, I did not have that issue. However, I feel like when I accelerate from 30-40mph it's not the normal noise and it's rather slow. Once I hit about 42mph and the RPM's drop, it's fine. This is in ECO mode.

Took my car to Infiniti today and they said it needs the following:

Transmission Valve Body: P17F1 CVT judder(c/v insp.) - rec. install valve body kit - add fluid

Check Engine Light - Diagnose: P0101 MAF sensor - rec. replace MAF sensor, clean throttle body and relearn idle

Those two things alone are over $2K. However, I just don't think it's the transmission. They are saying my car "judders" or "shudders". I don't think it's doing that.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page