Has anyone replaced their radiator cooling fans? - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Has anyone replaced their radiator cooling fans?

My vehicle is no longer under warranty (mileage) and the drivers side radiator coolant fan bearing is making a loud noise, has anyone replaced the fan assembly on their own? I've seen a number of posts from other people on various sites that the drivers side fan seems to be an issue with premature failure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 05:04 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by normr View Post
I've seen a number of posts from other people on various sites that the drivers side fan seems to be an issue with premature failure
Specific to the QX60?

Fortunately hasn't happened to me... yet...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 10:52 AM

Same thing just happened to mine at 61,445. Used dealer said its common problem and usually appears directly after warranty expires. Weird

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
I'm surprised the dealer said it's common and hasn't popped up in these forums. I'm at 100K and it's not making those noises.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeller View Post
I'm surprised the dealer said it's common and hasn't popped up in these forums. I'm at 100K and it's not making those noises.
Just because it's common doesn't mean it's occurring on 100% of all vehicles.

Common could mean that it's popular amongst the issues that request for service.

Anyways, OP... I posted in your intial post in the general discussion as I found that first googling, my car is in service now for the same issue as mentioned and of course covered in factory warranty.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 12:54 PM

Yep, just happened to me to at ~140K miles. The service manual has you do a good bit of work to replace it, but the good news is that if you unbolt the control module off the back of the fan it becomes skinny enough to pull out with only removing the battery tray and the air cleaner. Price for parts range from mid $300's from Infiniti to low $200's online. Found one from AM Auto Parts for $190. Part AM-1234559244
MarengoMac and humvet like this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just had mine replaced on my JX35. The hole thing is plastic. Even the bearing housing and fan are plastic. The suckers will never last more than 100000 or so miles. I had mine replaced with the aftermarket my dealership offered. 300 less than the stock product. Don’t use it. Pay the extra 300. My fan is so loud when it’s running that people will look at my car when I’m at a traffic light. It’s very unpleasant.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Very annoying sound. It just happened to my 2017 qx60 on 42k miles. When i stand by the engine by turning on the AC, it makes a flapping noise and from the driver's seat it sounds like someone is riding lawn mower next to my car. The sound goes away when i turn off the AC.

Just dropped off my car at the dealer and the dealer mentioned its a common problem with this model. Hopefully, it will cover under the warranty.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I had a fan housing/shroud that became slightly warped on my 2015 around the 42k mark... made this super annoying ticking sound as the fan blade barely nicked the shroud constantly. The service tech I took it to at my local dealership also mentioned that it was a common issue they see. Apparently common enough that he heard it for about 2 seconds and immediately knew what it was. Gave me a loaner for a day, got it fixed under warranty, good since then. But man, was that ever an embarrassing and annoying sound!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Mine started making the noise during my drive to a 500 miles trip. Luckily, fan didn't stop working. Initially, turning off the AC stopped it but it became a constant issue. Dealer replaced it under extended warranty. I am beginning to feel that it was worth paying for the warranty when I got the car. Mine is a 2014 purchased new. Current mileage is about 69K. It already got a new transmission from earlier this year but I think they cover that under the factory warranty.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page