Another aux input/BT question - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another aux input/BT question

Absolutely ridiculous that I have bought my wife now five Infiniti’s and the newest one doesn’t have auxiliary inputs (no 3.5 and no rca as where they should be is just blank) yet I have entertainment package with headrest DVD players and quite a few options. Sticker price new was over 40k and no auxiliary or BT besides to answer the phone. It’s a ‘16 and looks and even smells brand new but I’m beyond mad right now. Every prior Infiniti we had came with all of this and even a **** bottom line anything else
Is standard option. So with that, I have tried two different usb dongles and they don’t work. Even tried finding drivers to make read as iPod. I would just use rca to 3.5/BT receiver to that but no rca inputs. I have wiring diagram and wondering if I bought the jack/inputs could I install via a wiring harness to Av control module or maybe the wires are already there? Surely I’m not the only one that has wondered this? I was also going to change the panel in the rear of console with the 110v outlet and wondered if the wires are there as the wiring diagram has inverter wires already in the harness coming from the dash. Any help is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
This is strange... My 2014 has aux in the armrest and BT connects seamlessly for playing music and phone calls. I have even played music, pictures and videos from USB in this car and I do not have the theater package.

From my Brain to Yours...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Strange to me as well that everyone speaks of rca Av inputs and I even have the place for them but the holes are blank plastic. Also strange that a so called “luxury” vehicle doesn’t have these rca or a 3.5mm stereo jack and Instead only has the usb which doesn’t work will everything and is programmed or read like iPod. Also Bluetooth but only to make and answer calls. I could buy a low end Ford Taurus and it would have Bluetooth and auxillary input standard with it. Pretty ridiculous of Infiniti and had I known and not just assumed that it would have it, I wouldn’t have bought the vehicle for my wife. Sticker price in mid 40k when new and no Bluetooth or aux input? I either have to install a Bluetooth iPod integration adapter or somehow install the jacks. If I had the jacks or 3.5 I could use a $10 usb Bluetooth adapter but now will spend easily $100 or more and deal with a bunch of headache. Not happy with Infiniti right now and this is our fifth Infiniti but now I’m thinking it will be my last

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Can you take a picture of your car's armrest interior?

Chicago 2017 QX60 AWD Deluxe + Theater
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Yes I sure will. Sorry I’m just seeing this
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
I bought a used iPod on eBay, loaded it up with music and leave it plugged into the USB port. Problem solved. I am more aggravated that the vehicle does not have Apple CarPlay.

2015 QX60 AWD Hermosa Blue/Graphite/Maple, Premium, Premium Plus & Deluxe Touring