Navigation screen problems - Infiniti QX60 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Navigation screen problems

My wife has had a 2016 QX60, since new. We have had a unique problem with the GPS navigation screen in the past six months. It has been inspected by two different Infiniti dealerships, with the problem not being resolved, as they "could not duplicate the problem". This is in spite of providing screen shots on her phone as to what was actually taking place on the GPS screen.
This is only occurring on lengthy trips lasting approximately three hours or more. Initially, the detail on the screen begins to disappear as far as streets, scenery etc. This is eventually followed by icons gradually disappearing (miles to destination, speed limit etc). Finally, we are left looking at a blank screen with only the vehicle icon and one road being displayed, even if we are in a city with multiple roads. Then the vehicle icon freezes completely. We are unable to program anything further at that point.
Turning the vehicle off and on does not correct the problem, unless the duration is longer than a few minutes (fuel stops etc). Once this problem initially occurs, it seems to reappear much quicker the next time (45 minutes as opposed to three hours).
On our last trip, the system rebooted on its own while driving. We hoped that the problem was solved, but it returned an hour later.
Obviously this isn't something that I can repair myself, but I'd like to be able to point the technicians in the right direction, as they seem unable to find any previous examples that match our problem.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 10:36 AM

I’m having virtually the same problem with my 2016 QX60 as kplange with the nav system and other screens. Very frustrating and Infiniti’s been telling me for over a year that they’re working on it. I didn’t pay this kind of money for a product with a manufacturer’s defect that they can’t seem to be able to fix.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
When I had some weird screen glitches on my 2017, the dealer couldn't figure out what was causing it so they replaced the internals under warranty. No fuss no cost.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 11:33 AM

The master unit was replaced under warranty in my QX60 but that did NOT fix the problem. On the first long drive after replacement, the exact same problem happened. Still nothing from Infiniti about a solution. Getting tired waiting.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 09:19 PM

Earlier this week, I escalated the problem to Infiniti Corporate.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page