• 1 Post By jonesy84
  • 1 Post By gmuney1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Map screen always showing on startup

Is there anyway to set the screen so it doesn't show the map every time I start the car? Why can't it just stay on the screen it was on when I turned it off?
I have a 2019 qx60
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I haven’t found a way to change it. This is really obnoxious as I almost never use navigation or the map. I’ve gotten used to hitting audio each time I get in the car.
Vanessa likes this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I have a 2015 and I feel like it just stays on whatever screen it was on when the vehicle was last shut off....? I honestly don't know now that I think of it, but I feel like I would get annoyed enough to remember it if I had to change off of the map view every time if that was something I had to always do. That would be aggravating.
Vanessa likes this.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
No, there is no way.

++++++++

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

Garage: 2016 Q50 AWD Red Sport Iridium Blue; 1960 Austin Healey Sprite
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
my 2015 always defaults to the screen that was last up, usually the radio station I or my wife were last tuned into. Have you set up your key? I think what you're looking for starts at the 1:10 point of this video. https://youtu.be/rjwp3fPSRjc Last climate control setting is also included in the saved information. Hope this helps.
jonesy84 and Vanessa like this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmuney1 View Post
my 2015 always defaults to the screen that was last up, usually the radio station I or my wife were last tuned into. Have you set up your key? I think what you're looking for starts at the 1:10 point of this video. https://youtu.be/rjwp3fPSRjc Last climate control setting is also included in the saved information. Hope this helps.

I kept forgetting to check this over the weekend, so I went out to mine just now at work and started it up. The screen was on the XM station I had tuned to while I was driving in to work this morning. That'd be annoying if they changed it so that the map/nav screen ALWAYS pops up by default on the newer models. Or perhaps it is just a setting that was already adjusted when I purchased this. I'm not sure it has much to do with the link posted, that was more to just adjust seat/mirror/wheel settings to a specific key fob. I didn't see that they reference what screen is on your infotainment system when you start your car. But they may be it, as I had done as the video instructed and synced the fob that I always use to seat setting 1, and did the same for the other fob for seat setting 2 for my wife (although often we'll still use fob 1 for everything, then she just pushes 2 to move things to hear liking once running).
gmuney1 and Vanessa like this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 07:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy84 View Post
I kept forgetting to check this over the weekend, so I went out to mine just now at work and started it up. The screen was on the XM station I had tuned to while I was driving in to work this morning. That'd be annoying if they changed it so that the map/nav screen ALWAYS pops up by default on the newer models. Or perhaps it is just a setting that was already adjusted when I purchased this. I'm not sure it has much to do with the link posted, that was more to just adjust seat/mirror/wheel settings to a specific key fob. I didn't see that they reference what screen is on your infotainment system when you start your car. But they may be it, as I had done as the video instructed and synced the fob that I always use to seat setting 1, and did the same for the other fob for seat setting 2 for my wife (although often we'll still use fob 1 for everything, then she just pushes 2 to move things to hear liking once running).
That being said, if the radio is turned off, it'll default to the map screen :-|
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
2017 QX60 - key fob doesn't make a difference. The music will pick up when you turn it on, but it defaults to the map screen regardless of where you had it before. This is totally different behavior than my 2014 model, which would default to the last screen it was on when you turned the vehicle off.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafew View Post
2017 QX60 - key fob doesn't make a difference. The music will pick up when you turn it on, but it defaults to the map screen regardless of where you had it before. This is totally different behavior than my 2014 model, which would default to the last screen it was on when you turned the vehicle off.

And I know on my 2015 the screen reverts to whatever was on it when you turned the vehicle off. So clearly either 2016 or 2017 model years something changed...
gmuney1 likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy84 View Post
And I know on my 2015 the screen reverts to whatever was on it when you turned the vehicle off. So clearly either 2016 or 2017 model years something changed...
Same with my 2015....interesting...
jonesy84 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page